Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-15-2020, 06:31 PM   #1
Beern
Beern began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Calibre update to 5.5

I have updated Calibre to 5.5. Unfortunately it has wiped my book list within the prog and somehow also the folder contents! Anyone else had this experience? Previous updates have been fine. (What makes this a real problem for me is that it is not my Kindle! I run Calibre for someone who has a Kindle but not a computer! Her books are not my kind of 'read' so conversations on the phone can get fraught as I am not familiar with novels!!!). Windows 10
Beern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 07:31 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I have requested that this be moved to the Calibre forum, where I think you'll find more help than you will here.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2020, 08:17 PM   #3
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Do you remember the path of your library?
The place where the books were kept.
Tap on the Caliber library icon and direct it to that address
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Occasionally, Calibre Forgets where the library was and creates a New one in a NEW Place.
Search your HD for metadata.db , those are Libraries (one will have almost NO folders in that location)
Right click the Library Icon: Create/Switch: Use Existing: <the location of the good Metadata.db>
Done in less than a minute
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 07:35 AM   #5
Beern
Beern began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
(Apologies for posting in the wrong place). Thank you for suggestions. I tried the right click restore etc options last night. I keep copious notes so know the path. This Calibre is on a laptop just used for surfing so there is very little in there making it easy to find stuff. Have just tried the search HDD and it comes up with 3 small files all in the 'original' destination folder. Am beginning to think that I will have to put this down to bad luck....and stupidity! On my PC I back everything up to 4 locations but overlooked this one item on the laptop!!
Beern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert