Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2022, 05:50 PM   #1
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Book will not open on Kindle

I have a PW 10th generation, updated to 5.14.2. One book and only one book simply will not open on the Kindle. I’ve had the book for 2 years and I’ve read it in this device many times in the past. No issues with any other books, and the book in question opens on my Apple Kindle apps and a web browser on a Windows laptop. I have tried every combination of removing the book from the Kindle and adding it back, with rebooting and nothing works. I think tapping “remove permanently” on the Kindle would remove it entirely from my library, and I won’t do that. The book is expensive.

In the Kindle, I don’t get the option to remove the download, only “mark as read” or “permanently delete”. Only these 2 options show up. For my other books, I have the option to remove the download. Am I just stuck with only being able to read this particular book on non-Amazon devices?

I originally paid $2 for the book, and it is now $23, so I’m not going to go the refund/rebuy route.

Last edited by 49Kat; 05-03-2022 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Update
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:24 PM   #2
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Have you tried to connect your Kindle via USB and delete the book via file manager?
Then go to Kindle store and "download for your device" option on a PC/Mac in order to sideload the book to your Kindle again?
That's how I do most of the time for my Kindle 3. This also makes it easier to "liberate" the book once it's on my PC.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:51 PM   #3
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeridr View Post
Have you tried to connect your Kindle via USB and delete the book via file manager?
Then go to Kindle store and "download for your device" option on a PC/Mac in order to sideload the book to your Kindle again?
That's how I do most of the time for my Kindle 3. This also makes it easier to "liberate" the book once it's on my PC.
Tried that several times. Downloading to PC and then copying the file, also downloading directly to the Kindle. All with rebooting between each step. Absolutely nothing works. I am also only getting the option to either mark this book as read or permanently delete, no options to remove the download like what shows up for other books. The book shows stuck on “opening” until I open another book.

I’m not totally in love with the Kindle device anyway, as I find it awkward and clunky compared to the Apple apps, but it is nice for the battery life, the gentle lighting, and the nice, light weight.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote