Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Motorcycle Ghost story from 1979

The second story from my "backlist" -- Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit -- is now available as an ebook from Smashwords.

Quote:
Short description:

Under the full moon a motorcycle races west along the Interstate. The police can't catch it, and it disappears before it reaches the toll bridge. Narrated by the guy who drives the road-killed deer pick-up truck for Fish and Game. Originally published in 1979, in Easyriders magazine, and reprinted in The Year's Best Horror Stories, Series VIII, in 1980.
As old as this story is, there are apparently a few fans out there who remember it fondly! (I was thrilled to find a mention of it, but they do get a few details wrong. )

http://vaultofevil.proboards.com/ind...lay&thread=598

It's available now on Smashwords for 99 cents. It should be available on the usual other sites soon. Smashwords doesn't currently "ship" to Amazon. I'm going to try my hand at making and posting a MOBI version there, but you can always get a MOBI version (DRM-free) at Smashwords!

Thanks!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now available at Itunes, Barnes and Noble, and the other usual places.

Getting it on Amazon is still waiting until the kids are shipped off to college and I have some of that mythical "free time" I keep hearing about!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
cromag

Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit is now available at Amazon. The price is $0.99 -- the same as on Smashwords, Barnes & Noble, etc., but Kindle owners who would like to download directly from Amazon now have that option.

http://www.amazon.com/Billy-Wolfes-R...+riding+spirit

This story was first published in 1979, in Easyriders magazine, and reprinted in The Year's Best Horror Stories, Series VIII, in 1980. It has a 4-Star review at Smashwords.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
cromag

Available free at Smashwords for one more day as part of the Read An Ebook Week promotion. The coupon code is right on the story page.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
cromag

Just picked up a second review for Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit at Smashwords. (If you're a fellow Mobilereader, thanks!) Just in time for riding (or outdoor reading) weather!

Both reviews are four stars.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
cromag

I don't know how I missed this last year, but I found another very nice review for Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit at Anything Book. I don't know whether I'm more flattered by the praise for the story or the compliments on my grammar and spelling!

Still less than a buck at Smashwords and other fine ebook vendors!
Old 10-27-2013, 12:36 AM   #7
cromag

What better way to enjoy Halloween than a nice ghost story, a glass of cider, and a candle flickering in a Jack o' Lantern. Well, I can help you out with the ghost story, at least!

Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit at Smashwords.

Last edited by cromag; 10-27-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
cromag

Just a heads' up -- Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit will be getting more expensive in January.

I plan to change the price of Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit from $0.99 to $1.99. Basically, it looks like $1.99 is a common price for short stories, and Smashwords reported some time ago that books priced $1.99 were outselling books priced at 99¢ -- suggesting that some readers might not even be looking at the less expensive stories.

Anyway, if you've been considering it, now's the time to pick it up. It was included in a paperback Year's Best anthology in 1980, and has two 4-star reviews at Smashwords.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/205356
Old 04-15-2014, 08:44 PM   #9
cromag

... And, I didn't change the price after all! Just as I was about to, I discovered what was, at the time, an unauthorized audio production of the story. (I was very flattered, but still ...) We've arrived at a settlement and you can listen (free and legal) at Youtube.

For you readers out there, the story is still 99 cents.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:42 PM   #10
cromag

Still a solid 4-Stars and still 99 cents at Smashwords and other fine ebook retailers.

Billy Wolfe is still riding west on I-80 under the full moon. For some good visuals of the highway I recommend the Youtube video of Richard Shindell's Transit.

[Only ONE video is allowed - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-26-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #11
cromag

Halloween is this Friday. Maybe you need a short story to set the mood?

Stop by Smashwords.
Old 04-26-2015, 02:05 AM   #12
cromag

It will be motorcycle weather soon, and we're coming up on the full moon. And it's always the right time or a good story.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:39 PM   #13
cromag

Billy Wolfe's Riding Spirit has two 4-Star reviews over at Smashwords.

If you haven't read it yet, now's your chance! During the Smashwords July promotion get it free by using the coupon code SW100.

Old 07-12-2015, 05:37 PM   #14
cromag

I spent 3 years with Fish & Game -- first with Law Enforcement, then with Wildlife Management. My last six months or so were spent as a "road-kill agent." I drove a primer-gray pickup truck that the state had bought as well-used surplus from the feds. To save money it had no air conditioning and no radio. Spending 8 hours or more per day in silence is a great way to exercise your imagination!

One of the ideas I had involved a ghostly motorcycle. If you haven't read it yet, there's still time! Get it free through July by using the coupon code SW100.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:56 PM   #15
cromag

Billy Wolfe's story is still free through the end of July by using the coupon code SW100.