I will give it a go and tell you how I get on

I will just try and follow the tutorial then try what you say

and cry for help if I get lost

Did I tell you I am 80 years old but still willing to give it a try
Kostas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 12:39 PM   #47
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas15 View Post

Did I tell you I am 80 years old but still willing to give it a try
Quite a few of the regulars here were born before the Vietnam war era
Transistors, Color TV, Personal DIGITAL Computers ( I had a slide rule) all happend when I was younger NMF
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2016, 03:56 PM   #48
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
And the one before that. Fellow 'beat generation' member here, grew up listening to Parker, Billie and Woody, reading Kerouac and Burroughs, hanging out for the next edition of City Lights, and wondering who 'they' would black list/banish next.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:33 AM   #49
Kostas15
Kostas15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Transistors, Color TV, Personal DIGITAL Computers ( I had a slide rule) all happend when I was younger NMF
I still have a slide rule a Fowlers Circular one in a leather wallet with instructions. Equivalent to about 30 inches or so long
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160125_160913.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	820.6 KB
ID:	145814  
Kostas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 11:45 AM   #50
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas15 View Post
I still have a slide rule a Fowlers Circular one in a leather wallet with instructions. Equivalent to about 30 inches or so long
Yep, I had a 4" cheaper brand in a plastic case.
I could out spin those using the standard K&E issued at electronics school
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #51
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Yep, I had a 4" cheaper brand in a plastic case.
I still have one, much easier to carry than the slip stick that lives in the same crate. I also have my mother's original Fuller's cylindrical. All three still work, but I don't have a working electronic calculator, the last one I had that did work, a TI something, cast up its accounts years ago

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:15 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can we please stop with the off-topic posts please?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 09:15 PM   #53
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Let's all try to stay on topic, please.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 04:21 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kostas15 did you try safe mode with a release version of Calibre (not a beta)?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote