Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
ihateusernames
ihateusernames began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5th generation
one particular pdf document blurred on kindle

When I try to open this document on my kindle 5th generation it only shows the first page correctly, the other pages are either blurred or blank. Usually they're blurred when it's in portrait orientation and blank when it's in landscape orientation. I don't have this problem with other pdfs.

This is the document:

https://archive.org/download/passing...00granuoft.pdf

How do I solve this?
ihateusernames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
ihateusernames
ihateusernames began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 5th generation
What about you? Can you open the document in your device? Does it show properly, if you scroll down a few pages?
ihateusernames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #3
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Blank PDF

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191372

some PDFs contain only or mostly blank pages

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=175652&page=2

Last edited by markom; 01-06-2016 at 07:25 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #4
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihateusernames View Post
When I try to open this document on my kindle 5th generation it only shows the first page correctly, the other pages are either blurred or blank. Usually they're blurred when it's in portrait orientation and blank when it's in landscape orientation. I don't have this problem with other pdfs.

This is the document:

https://archive.org/download/passing...00granuoft.pdf

How do I solve this?
This PDF has all images stored in "JPX" format, which compresses very well, but which the kindle probably can't handle. You can run it through k2pdfopt to convert the images to PNG. The output file will be much larger than the source, but it will be readable and will be more responsive:

Code:
k2pdfopt -mode copy -cbox 0.5in,0.2in,4.2in,7.1in -cmax 2 -c- file.pdf
The -cbox option crops the pages to fit better to your kindle screen without all the extra margins.

PS. You can see the format of the images in the source by clicking the "INFO" button in k2pdfopt, or by "k2pdfopt -i file.pdf".

Last edited by willus; 01-06-2016 at 11:55 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote