Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-10-2018, 04:27 PM   #32671
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Just returned from a family funeral (wife's aunt). It seems that I've reached the age where the only time we have family get-togethers is at somebody's funeral. It's got to the point where I wouldn't even recognize some of my more distant relatives if they're not wearing a black tie
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #32672
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Are the Jeopardy Allstars ever going to actually play Jeopardy sometime in this century?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:09 AM   #32673
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Ongoing drama and trauma:

Roommate from hell: "What are you gonna do, #$@%&?"

Me thinking: That's what it comes down to--are you a person of consequence or of no consequence? She's in bed whispering vulgarities. Not as bad as before... As I'm typing she's whispering more--watching me. Now she's breathing hard. I suspect this will go on till she falls asleep or I go to volunteer at UNM.

Roommate from hell: "...#$@%&."

Me thinking: Same words, same sign posts pointing towards...? Yup, the whispering has worsened. It's now 4:44am

"...die, shit. #$@%&!" More whispering. It's 4:59am. I should have my phone near me, just in case. "...whore! ...bleepbleep bleep!" 5:01am.

It's like playing cat and mouse, except I'm typing instead of running away. *roll eyes*

"Get out, bleep. ...bleep!" She's trying to whisper me to death.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 10:10 AM   #32674
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichobezoar View Post
Ongoing drama and trauma:

Roommate from hell: "What are you gonna do, #$@%&?"

Me thinking: That's what it comes down to--are you a person of consequence or of no consequence? She's in bed whispering vulgarities. Not as bad as before... As I'm typing she's whispering more--watching me. Now she's breathing hard. I suspect this will go on till she falls asleep or I go to volunteer at UNM.

Roommate from hell: "...#$@%&."

Me thinking: Same words, same sign posts pointing towards...? Yup, the whispering has worsened. It's now 4:44am

"...die, shit. #$@%&!" More whispering. It's 4:59am. I should have my phone near me, just in case. "...whore! ...bleepbleep bleep!" 5:01am.

It's like playing cat and mouse, except I'm typing instead of running away. *roll eyes*

"Get out, bleep. ...bleep!" She's trying to whisper me to death.

Seriously? God, talk to whoever is in charge of housing assignments. You shouldn't have to live with a loon.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #32675
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Seriously? God, talk to whoever is in charge of housing assignments. You shouldn't have to live with a loon.

Hitch
It's worse than that actually. lol We just had a... noise level contest? She was whispering vulgarities or yelling them into the shower curtain all morning (looooong story)... Anyway, she just left! I won the noise polution contest! I played my mantras (not too loudly) and she played Rage Against the Machine. She thinks I don't like that kind of music. I do! I like heavy metal--grew up on it. (My sister and nephew were heavy metal rockers; I was a closeted rocker.) Anyway, my mantras would drive any closed-minded, conservative, meat and potatoes American mad, unless they were into Kundalini Yoga. She doesn't know who she's messing with! I have Kundalini Yoga mantras galore!!

Now I know what will run her out of the room... *evil laugh*
Old 12-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #32676
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's worse than that actually. lol We just had a... noise level contest? She was whispering vulgarities or yelling them into the shower curtain all morning (looooong story)... Anyway, she just left! I won the noise polution contest! I played my mantras (not too loudly) and she played Rage Against the Machine. She thinks I don't like that kind of music. I do! I like heavy metal--grew up on it. (My sister and nephew were heavy metal rockers; I was a closeted rocker.) Anyway, my mantras would drive any closed-minded, conservative, meat and potatoes American mad, unless they were into Kundalini Yoga. She doesn't know who she's messing with! I have Kundalini Yoga mantras galore!!

Now I know what will run her out of the room... *evil laugh*
I don't understand why you're stuck with her? Doesn't housing handle this type of thing?

Hitch
Old 12-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #32677
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
I don't understand why you're stuck with her? Doesn't housing handle this type of thing?

Hitch
It's a program for homeless veterans. It's not exactly housing. I'm hoping to get into housing, but the Albuquerque VA only receives 30 vouchers (for housing) a month. There are so many homeless veterans... The homeless population has grown exponentially the past decade. In the Veterans Integration Center (the program I'm in), two veterans occupy a room (i.e., a motel room). It's a nice motel, but the rooms are small--not much privacy here. We're almost in each other's faces--in near proximity at all times. A lot of veterans have trouble with their roommates--half are mentally ill, supposedly. I myself suffer from PTSD and chronic depression, but the mantras help tremendously, as well as the Paxil. My roommate isn't taking any medication--she refuses to be labeled in any way. Very unreasonable. To make a long story short, for now, I'm stuck with her... until something gives.

I'm keeping an account of everything going on--emailing her case manager and mine often enough; I'm covering my ass.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:50 PM   #32678
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
It's a program for homeless veterans. It's not exactly housing. I'm hoping to get into housing, but the Albuquerque VA only receives 30 vouchers (for housing) a month. There are so many homeless veterans... The homeless population has grown exponentially the past decade. In the Veterans Integration Center (the program I'm in), two veterans occupy a room (i.e., a motel room). It's a nice motel, but the rooms are small--not much privacy here. We're almost in each other's faces--in near proximity at all times. A lot of veterans have trouble with their roommates--half are mentally ill, supposedly. I myself suffer from PTSD and chronic depression, but the mantras help tremendously, as well as the Paxil. My roommate isn't taking any medication--she refuses to be labeled in any way. Very unreasonable. To make a long story short, for now, I'm stuck with her... until something gives.

I'm keeping an account of everything going on--emailing her case manager and mine often enough; I'm covering my ass.
Ah, I see. I misunderstood. I thought you were in some type of student or university housing. I get it now.

Hitch
Old 12-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #32679
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Porch Pirates. People who steal packages from you front door.

This guy found a way to get even.

Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 12:44 PM   #32680
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
Porch Pirates. People who steal packages from you front door.

This guy found a way to get even.

<snip hilarious video>
That was worth EVERY SINGLE MINUTE spent watching it. OMG, I needed that.

Hitch
Old 12-18-2018, 02:03 PM   #32681
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
The only thing more it needed was an exploding dye packet, like they use in banks. . .

In hot pink. . . .
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #32682
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
It reminds me of someone describing glitter as the herpes of the craft world. It's very hard to get rid of.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:13 PM   #32683
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
It reminds me of someone describing glitter as the herpes of the craft world. It's very hard to get rid of.
Yeeeaaaaahhhhh. And that's why it's perfect for this! That was a GREAT video!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #32684
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yeeeaaaaahhhhh. And that's why it's perfect for this! That was a GREAT video!
I liked it so much I cast it to the TV for Mr. H.

Hitch
Old 12-18-2018, 04:03 PM   #32685
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
I liked it so much I cast it to the TV for Mr. H.

Hitch
I shared it to Facebook.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness