Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-30-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
Carson30
Carson30 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7HD
need help re: transferring annotations and etc

Hello! I am new to this forum and have joined because I have a specific problem.

I am getting a new Kobo Arc 7HD to replace my wonky old one, which I will be returning to the store. I can copy the whole contents of my old one to my computer before I return it.

Many of my books on the old one have extensive annotations, underlining and bookmarks. I am worried that there will be some difficulty transferring the books to my new kobo with all the bookmarks etc intact. I would like to know what procedure to follow in doing this.

Much appreciate any help with this!
Carson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:08 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If you are using the Kobo app on the device and the annotations are for books bought from Kobo, they should be synced automatically to Kobo's servers. Then they will sync to the new device. And they should sync to the Kobo Android or iOS apps running on other devices. And they should go to the Kobo desktop application on a Windows PC or Mac or a Kobo e-ink device.

If you are using another app to read, then you need to find out how it handles the annotations and see if there is a way to sync, or copy them from the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
Carson30
Carson30 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7HD
transfering annotations

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If you are using the Kobo app on the device and the annotations are for books bought from Kobo, they should be synced automatically to Kobo's servers. Then they will sync to the new device. And they should sync to the Kobo Android or iOS apps running on other devices. And they should go to the Kobo desktop application on a Windows PC or Mac or a Kobo e-ink device.

If you are using another app to read, then you need to find out how it handles the annotations and see if there is a way to sync, or copy them from the device.
Thanks davidfor.

I "side-load" .epub's from my computer. Then my kobo arc 7 operating system handles them. (I don't think of it as an app.)
Carson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:21 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson30 View Post
I "side-load" .epub's from my computer. Then my kobo arc 7 operating system handles them. (I don't think of it as an app.)
In that case, I have no idea how to do it. There will be a database or file somewhere on the device with the info. I don't have access to an Arc, so I can't look and see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote