Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 07-18-2008, 02:40 AM   #1
suineg
suineg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony E-Reader
Post Bricked PRS-500 (read)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have had a PRS-500 for quite a while now. Love it to death!

I am in Iraq. I leaned on it getting into an Osprey the other day

I almost cried right there in front of everyone.

I am looking for someone that has one that doesn't work but that the screen does. I am more then capable of swapping the screen but the ones from Sony are about as much as a brand new eReader.

Name your price in pm or email suineg@gmail.com

I will have it shipped to my wife in San Diego and she will ship it to me so you don't have to pay lots of money that way.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-19-2012 at 03:54 PM.
suineg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
DaveNB
Connoisseur
DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.DaveNB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770 (FBReader)
Thanks for your service, sorry to hear that your Reader was a casualty though.

If you look on eBay, you'll occasionally find a broken Sony Reader up for sale (non functioning but intact screen, no guarantees of it working at all though). A couple of weeks ago, 2 damaged Readers being sold for parts had starting prices of $44 (one had a non-working visibly damaged display, the other's display was OK but the case was all banged up and dented). The one with an intact screen sold around $65-70 bucks if I recall correctly.

Looked through my browser history, can't seem to find the links to the ended auctions or I'd refer you to the seller who seemed to specialize in these sorts of things. Look around, you may find another one on eBay that will suit your needs (looked today, none to be found unfortunately).

Good luck and be safe.

Dave

Last edited by DaveNB; 07-18-2008 at 04:47 PM.
DaveNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Suineg, please also accept my thanks for your service, and also see your private messages.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote