Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #211
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Touch
thanks. I install debian 6.06, then get gcc and compile it. It run well now.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #212
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppoo View Post
thanks. I install debian 6.06, then get gcc and compile it. It run well now.
excellent
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #213
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast
sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.

I installed it on my kindle and the keyboard doesn't show. The matchbox-keyboard and xterm binaries are both there, but only xterm runs and works. Is it compatible with 5.1.2?
sean.fosterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:31 AM   #214
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

@sean.fosterbrown: touch on top-right corner to show Main Options, then press Rotate Screen; it work for me.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:28 PM   #215
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast
sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.sean.fosterbrown is faster than slow light.

Hmm no. I tried rotating the screen like you said, I still get a blank screen with this:

[/]#

as the only thing on the screen. Thank you anyway.
Advert
Old 01-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #216
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean.fosterbrown View Post
Hmm no. I tried rotating the screen like you said, I still get a blank screen with this:

[/]#

as the only thing on the screen. Thank you anyway.
Looks like a command line prompt to me.
Your current directory is the root of the filesystem [/] and you are the administrative user (root - indicated by the #).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #217
sean.fosterbrown
Enthusiast

Post Deleted.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude.

Last edited by sean.fosterbrown; 01-24-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #218
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Re-Install?
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 AM   #219
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
kterm – new terminal emulator for kindle

Kindle port of XTerm will not be developed any further. Instead I wrote a replacement for 5.3 firmware. Read more in this thread.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #220
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Hi.

I can't get elinks to work through xterm. I've put elinks.zip (found at fabiszewski.net/kindle-xterm) in /xterm/opt. This is the code I used:

elinks http://google.co.uk

And it says sh:elinks not found.

Edit: The link is a mistake that I can't get rid of.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #221
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

echo $PATH

sounds like could be that
Old 02-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #222
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I'm not sure why, but now that I've unzipped elinks.zip and put the actuall elinks file in /xterm/opt/, it works.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #223
twobob

ah righto.

Good to hear
Old 05-10-2016, 03:01 PM   #224
sietedosfede
sietedosfede began at the beginning.

Device: KT2
Exclamation kterm 0.7 (5.6.5) fails on KT2 (FW: 5.7.4)

Hey there! First of all since I'm new here: Thank you all! For the 5.6.5 update and for every thing here in site, you guys are great people! Now going to the issue:

I have a KT2 successfully jailbroked. Now, issue here it's I updated it to 5.7.4 and now I'm willing to run kterm without success... KUAL just drops to home screen and nothing happens then. It left this log:

matchbox-keyboard: Failed to load 'img/esc.png'
matchbox-keyboard: /mnt/us/extensions/kterm/bin/ ../layouts/keyboard.xml:0: (null)
matchbox-keyboard: *Error* Error parsing matchbox-keyboard failed to return window ID
: No such file or directory
killall: matchbox-keyboard: no process killed

By the way: I'm using the kterm 0.7 (5.6.5) (for firmware >= 5.6.5).

Again, thank you all! Cheers,
sietedosfede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #225
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Was kTerm working before the update?

It looks from the messages that it is not properly installed
Give us details of how you installed it (starting with the link you downloaded from) -
**Tell All** so we can try to duplicate your problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons