Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Kindle touch covers not showing

After the new kindle touch update when i send books to my kindle the covers are not showing anymore like they did before! I reconvert the books , send it again but it didn't work, even if i transfer them with the usb its not working! How can i fix this? Thank you!
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Not sure, but I'm having the same issue.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I haven't looked at how/why it's done, but instead of being generated on the fly, they seem to be pulled & stored in the system folder. In the very few tests that I've done, I only got proper covers when downloading stuff from my archive on the device itself, or from a sync.

Putting a (still DRM'ed, metadata untouched) azw/azw3 from a 'Transfer via Computer' DL doesn't help (unless you happen to do a sync after, I haven't checked, wireless was off during my simple tests). (EDIT: I'm stupid, that's because I *sent* them via Calibre, and the asin got squished... cf. the multiple threads about it in the calibre/kdev forums)

FWIW, here's the filename syntax:

system/thumbnails/thumbnail_${ASIN}_${CDETYPE}_portrait.jpg

And the few that I checked are (badly) downscaled at around 232 or 262 px high (with a builtin-in fake drop shadow on the bottom right), and like before, don't seem to care much about aspect ratio, width varied much more than height.

(The 'portait' bit is slightly funny, because the Home screen doesn't handle screen orientation... Someone might want to check what happens with ixtab's orientation patch, though).

The framework does seem to sometimes try to build these from the file, because I do have broken/empty thumbnails of calibre generated newsfeed (with a .partial suffix)...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-08-2012 at 05:18 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote