Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
Darkeyce
Darkeyce began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Question Shift+alt+M only half works?

If i read the context menu correctly this should merge to the FIRST selected book?
I find that is merges to the first LISTED book.

Anyone else seeing this behavior or am i mistaken.
0.8.41 (I happen to be working on a list provided by Find Duplicates plugin)

Last edited by Darkeyce; 02-26-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Spelling!
Darkeyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyce View Post
If i read the context menu correctly thsi should merge tothe FIRST selcted book?
I find that is merges to the first LISTED book.

Anyone else seeing this behavior or am i mistaken.
0.8.41 (I happen to be working on a list provided by Find Duplicates plugin)
Shift-Alt-M
Where do you see this combination (listed)?

to merge books
I select the Destination.
Then holding the control key, Select 1 or more books to merge into the first.
Then I release the Control Key and tap 'M'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Darkeyce

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Shift-Alt-M
Where do you see this combination (listed)?

to merge books
I select the Destination.
Then holding the control key, Select 1 or more books to merge into the first.
Then I release the Control Key and tap 'M'
Select multiple books -> rightclick for edit Metadata ->Leftclick Merge Book records -> leftclick Merge only formats...

I'm trying to eliminate dupes and merge the rest of the formats and entry info (like summary)
Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
If you want to merge book metadata (summaries) AND formats, don't use "Merge only formats". Since it does exactly what it says - only merges the formats for the book, and none of the other information.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 PM   #5
Darkeyce

Oh DUH! I Simply read what i wanted to see...explains part of why it wasnt working.
I still think its not merging to the first selected book.

What i really need is a keyboard shortcut to the "merge and delete" option. Any idea why the other two have shortcuts and that one doesn't?
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Are you sure that simply pressing M is not what you want? That merges all selected book entries into the first one selected removing the others.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkeyce View Post
Oh DUH! I Simply read what i wanted to see...explains part of why it wasnt working.
I still think its not merging to the first selected book.

What i really need is a keyboard shortcut to the "merge and delete" option. Any idea why the other two have shortcuts and that one doesn't?
That is what 'M' does. All the rest are options that leave some things as they were.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #8
Darkeyce

Holy Crap. I"ve been using Calibre for a good year and i never realized that JUST pressing "M" had an effect. I always moused down into the menus and selected the first option...
Gawd i feel special.

Thanks all.