Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 03:28 AM   #241
ereaderbug
ereaderbug began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kobo Touch
I use this $6.99 Kindle 4 cover with my Kobo touch and it fits the kobo perfectly. The only problem is the the top right elastic obscures the power button and it is kind of inconvenient to slide it without pulling the elastic, which I do not mind. I do not care to spend ~$25 for a specially designed Kobo cover.

Anyone know any under $10 covers for the kobo touch? Thanks.
ereaderbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:30 AM   #242
clsdclsd
Zealot
clsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five wordsclsdclsd can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderbug
Anyone know any under $10 covers for the kobo touch? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexul View Post
Anyone has any idea of an European shop, who ships to Romania.
Check this:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/stylish...4-black-109664

(I don't have this one, but i ordered several times from dealextreme, and every order has arrived in two to three weeks to Hungary)
clsdclsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #243
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
Thanks, I orderred that one, plus a $3 light clip and a $3 wall charger. Added $1.50 for an extra shipping number, total $15. I hope it arrives soon
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:47 AM   #244
dmcd
Enthusiast
dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kobo
My Skindigital leather case arrived today from Hong Kong. It's absolutely beautiful! So well made. Very much a quality product. Couldn't even find fault with the stitching.

It has something that feels like a sheet of hard plastic within the flap that covers the screen for great protection and the back feels nice when you hold it as it is well padded and the grain pattern of the leather provides extra grip. Not as heavy or as clunky as it looks in their pics. Just love it to bits!

All the buttons and plugs are easily accessible including the SD card slot. I bought a red cover and the reader is pleasant to use with the case on as the flap folds right over to the back and re-clips to keep it there. Corner protection seems good because the case itself is so sturdy and best of all, it is not too clunky as it only adds a few millimetres to the dimensions of a naked Kobo Touch. I felt quite confident dropping my now well protected Kobo, into my mad woman's hand bag. This is jokingly referred to in my family as "the filing cabinet" but isn't filled with papers. Been known to find long lost garden trowels, several large tubes of paints, palette knives and horse hoof picks in there

I bought the flip up model cover that has the closure tab at the base of the unit. This was all that was available when I ordered. I had rather fancied the book fold version but am now glad I had to settle for the flip up design. This gives more equal comfort when choosing to either hold my Kobo with the left or right hand and the tab closure folds under to secure the flip cover at the back, keeping the tab tidy and out of the way. Shame they don't show a pic of it secured and not interfering with the Home button. The Kobo T fits it like a glove.

And all for AUD$15.60 and free postage! I think I might order a navy blue one as well

Dale

Last edited by dmcd; 02-06-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: typo
dmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:09 PM   #245
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Wanted to order from skindigital and almost all variants are out of stock at the moment...

Last edited by voom; 02-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #246
dmcd
Enthusiast
dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.dmcd turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Did you look here? They seem to still be offering a few.

Dale
Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #247
voom
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Yes, thats where I checked... No decent color is available at the moment (book style black or blue, flip over black or red)... Bookstyle black I would prefer, so I'll just wait...
Old 02-08-2012, 10:47 PM   #248
dmcd
Enthusiast

What, chunder green or eyeball-searing pink don't float your boat? My, I am surprised!

Did you see the black, book style one there at the moment? Was it there a couple of days ago? The dark blue one also looks nice.

Dale

Last edited by dmcd; 02-08-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added stuff after checking.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #249
voom

They are listed, but on the details page it says "Sorry but this item is currently out of stock. Please check back at a later stage."
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #250
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
We have to be patient. Seems to be that the chinese sewing machines currently are running hot to satisfy all the users of the KT who want a suitable case.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 PM   #251
Mollynix
Mollynix began at the beginning.

Kobo Touch case

If you are just looking for an open book style case, I just ordered one in brown leather from Sears for $30.00 (I'm in North Bay, Ontario, Canada)
Mollynix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #252
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
I got the SD top flip cover yesterday and it's great!
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #253
zwarbles
Connoisseur
zwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura aboutzwarbles has a spectacular aura about

Device: iPad, Nook, NC, NST, Kobo, Nook Glo, K4, KPW Touch
I'm using the CaseCrownRegal Flip case for mine and love it. I got it at Amazon.
zwarbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #254
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
For Valentine's Day my wife gave me this one complete with a $25 gift card in the pocket
Great case in my opinion. Very comfortable to hold as I'm reading and I feel it's very safe inside.

RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #255
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Gecko, Casecrown, Skindigital

Hi all, reading this thread has been very instructive !

I'd like some advice about buying a book-type cover for the KT.

I am tempted by the Casecrown or the Skindigital: they both seem very well made and reasonably priced.

However, I like to read with the book cover open using both hands and I am worried that the catch (which is sewn on the right or back side of the cover) would be an annoyance for people like me who do not necessarily fold the front part of the cover back.

I would like to know if other users have been bothered by the catch covering part of the screen when reading with the cover completely open.

Obviously other brands like Coverup that have the catch sewn on the right side (ie the front cover) do not have this problem but they are much more expensive.

I would also like to know if anyone has bought the Gecko luxe cover - visible here:
http://www.geckocovers.com/kobo-touch-luxe-p-65.html

This appeals to me, despite being rather expensive, but I'm wondering if the part that holds the reader is not too fragile and easily soiled.

Thanks for any advice!

Rojofo.
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel