Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Puck
Edge User

How to change sound to bluetooth device.

I have an A2DP stereo bluetooth headset that will sync and connect (though it takes some poking around with it for it to actually connect) but I can't figure out how to get the sound to go to it instead of the speakers.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Puck
Edge User

Hmm... I think I suffer from the bug that keeps devices with a mic from working properly.

Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
walt526
Edge User

FWIW, my new S9-HD didn't connect the first time and I had to re-pair it.

Still, getting the bluetooth headphones to work on the eDGe was *much* easier than on my laptop (Windows 7).

Old 07-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #4
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt526 View Post
FWIW, my new S9-HD didn't connect the first time and I had to re-pair it.
I also had this problem with my Motorola S9. Tried about four times before I got it working. Now it pairs immediately every time. This also happened the first time I paired the S9 with my BlackBerry.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
netrobot
Edge User

I have a Sony/Ericsson MW600. It's a Bluetooth transceiver that accepts a 3.5mm stereo plug (my ear buds) and acts as a hands-free wireless interface for phone calling and music. It works great on my Palm Pre Plus (WebOS phone), but it WILL NOT pair with the eDGe (PE). The PE cannot even SEE the thing. I'm not overly concerned at that on its face because I cannot make calls with the PE anyway -- I have a phone.

I am trying to find out if my GlobalSat Bluetooth GPS will ever function with the PE. It is found, and it "pairs", but reports "... not connected". I'm not even sure mapping software could find the thing hanging off the PE even if it DID pair. In other words, even if I resolved the "not connected" issue, that it sounds like others have wrestled with, I'm not sure it would do me any good.

1) Does anyone know of a procedure that can resolve the "not connected" condition with any degree of predictability? (or is the "solution" fiddling 'till it works, then forget what we did?)

2) Has anyone had a Bluetooth GPS receiver provide data to mapping facilities in or on an eDGe? And if so, what software and what GPS?

Thanks!

Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 03:21 PM   #6
attemptress
Edge User

@netrobot:

see: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...p-viewer-(free)