Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-23-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
ternyk
ternyk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Recreate cover from PDF's first page

Hi,

I have added books by the command line and the books in PDF format have no covers. When I manually add with GUI these PDF's the cover is taken from the first page and it is OK. Can I regenerate cover's already in collection by taking the first page of the PDF file?
ternyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the bulk metadata edit dialog.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #3
ternyk

Right! My fault, I haven't looked at Bulk Metadata Edit dialog. I just thought that there are the same options as in the single file Edit Metadata dialog. BTW I think that 'use cover from the source file' option should be on the single edit page also.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ternyk View Post
Right! My fault, I haven't looked at Bulk Metadata Edit dialog. I just thought that there are the same options as in the single file Edit Metadata dialog. BTW I think that 'use cover from the source file' option should be on the single edit page also.
It is.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #5
ternyk

Hmm, where? Sorry, but in the single edit metadata I have in the 'Change cover' group:
- Browse
- Remove
- Crop
- Download cover
- Generate cover
(I've translated these to english, so it may be not 100% exact)

What I think is:
Browse - browse for image file
Generate cover - will generate it using metadata, but not taking the first page
Download - will look in external sites

So where is located the option for taking the cover from the first page of the PDF file?
Advert
Old 05-23-2011, 12:57 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

look at the buttons next to the format list
Old 05-23-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
ternyk

OK, sorry, I've missed it also. Thanks for your patience.

Tags
cover