Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-05-2006, 06:13 AM   #16
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
Skweezer - the perfect solution?

I'm about to get my first 'connected' PDA and have been looking around at RSS reading options for Windows Mobile 2005. I don't understand why nobody in this thread has mentioned Skweezer. Surely if you have a device with a connection then this is the perfect solution and solves all of the "teaser" type problems Bob has mentioned? You download the feed, se if there's anything you want to read, then "click through" to something which is formatted for the PDA. Given that this is all theory and based on what I've read, could someone please tell me the flaw in this plan.
melvynadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #17
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvynadam
I'm about to get my first 'connected' PDA and have been looking around at RSS reading options for Windows Mobile 2005. I don't understand why nobody in this thread has mentioned Skweezer. Surely if you have a device with a connection then this is the perfect solution and solves all of the "teaser" type problems Bob has mentioned? You download the feed, se if there's anything you want to read, then "click through" to something which is formatted for the PDA. Given that this is all theory and based on what I've read, could someone please tell me the flaw in this plan.
The main "problem" with mobile proxies like Skweezer is that they can track which pages you're viewing. If you're comfortable with this, it's a good (enough) solution.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:17 AM   #18
melvynadam
Connoisseur
melvynadam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone, iPad
I'm completely fine with this. Nothing to hide when I want to read a full article from a Slashdot link. Or check a complete blog post. If companies provide a decent enough service and do so for free, I have no problem with them archiving every news article link I've ever clicked. I use Gmail with the same level of carefree abandon
melvynadam is offline   Reply With Quote