Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #1
RichardP
RichardP began at the beginning.

Device: none
Saving files to disc

The default function is to save each book to a separate folder with the in that folder. When I convert 50-60 books at once I have that many folders with one book in each one. I want to be able to save ALL the books to a single folder. Does anyone know the formula for that?? It is driving me crazy.

Thanks!
RichardP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Make an appointment at the funny farm (or learn to use the commandline interface).

Calibre (GUI) keeps books its way Read: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
The default function is to save each book to a separate folder with the in that folder. When I convert 50-60 books at once I have that many folders with one book in each one. I want to be able to save ALL the books to a single folder. Does anyone know the formula for that?? It is driving me crazy.
Your title says Save to disc, but your post talks about converting. See attached for options included via the arrow dropdown menu if you are actually using the Save to disk feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	savetodisk.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	97620  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-13-2012 at 12:52 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
save to disk

I do know how to save to disk - either multiple folders or a single folder using the drop down menu - have been doing that for some time.

What I'd like to do is save under folders by author. For ex, Andre Norton - all her books would be under one folder named Norton, Andre, ebooks listed separately (such as ebook1, ebook2 etc), but not multiple folders under her name (such as folder with ebook1 inside, folder with ebook2 inside).

Any way to do this?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I do know how to save to disk - either multiple folders or a single folder using the drop down menu - have been doing that for some time.

What I'd like to do is save under folders by author. For ex, Andre Norton - all her books would be under one folder named Norton, Andre, ebooks listed separately (such as ebook1, ebook2 etc), but not multiple folders under her name (such as folder with ebook1 inside, folder with ebook2 inside).

Any way to do this?
{authors}/{title}
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #6
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
{authors}/{title}
I put {authors}/{title} in the advanced search, then saved to disk - still got folders under the authors name. When I use save to disk there doesn't appear anywhere to put {authors}/{title} .

What am I missing?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I put {authors}/{title} in the advanced search, then saved to disk - still got folders under the authors name. When I use save to disk there doesn't appear anywhere to put {authors}/{title} .

What am I missing?
Preferences: Save to Disk
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #8
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Preferences: Save to Disk
worked perfect!! thanks so much!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #9
RichardP
RichardP began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the input. I have no problem converting books. Have no problem saving them to disc. Just want to be able to save all the books I had just converted to a single folder instead of each book going into its own separate folder. Seems that can't be done. Again, thanks.
RichardP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
Thanks for the input. I have no problem converting books. Have no problem saving them to disc. Just want to be able to save all the books I had just converted to a single folder instead of each book going into its own separate folder. Seems that can't be done. Again, thanks.
You are correct, using the GUI you can not do a bulk conversion and move those books into a single directly in one step.

I am still confused about your goal in doing this. You can do what you desire in the GUI in two steps. Step 1: Convert the books. Step 2 Save those books to a single directory. Converting using calibre the books end up in the same directory they started in. Using save to disk you can save them all in one directory as I indicated in post 3 above.

As theducks points out if you use the Command Line Interface (CLI) you can avoid the GUI and calibre's folder structure entirely and do it in one step.

Good Reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote