Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 PM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I got it working
I installed the wrong ( 32 bit) version of the redistributable the first time.
Sorry you had to go through any of that nonsense at all. But thanks for taking the time!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:16 PM   #17
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi eschwartz,

Would you by any chance have access to an Arch Linux machine that runs Plasma 5. We have a bug report that all versions of Sigil (all current and all earlier) are segfaulting on Arch Linux ONLY when running the Plasma 5 Desktop (with Qt5.5) but running okay if any other Desktop is used. I have nothing to try and track that down with. I am guessing it is a conflict between Qt 5.5 and Plasma 5 that Sigil somehow triggers.

Thanks,

KevinH
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I don't use KDE as my desktop, but I have installed plasma-desktop and generated a user account for you. I will PM you the details for SSH access, tell me if you need anything else.
Also dur. I'll need your publickey.
Advert
Old 09-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #18
pete6055
Connoisseur
pete6055 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello:

8.9 is a pretty solid release. I’ve tested it on about 10 different books and have only run into one problem so far: the add cover tool does not work as expected. After adding or replacing cover.jpeg, invoking the tool just hangs indefinitely with the Windows “circle working” prompt. This is relatively minor stuff for such a big under the hood conversion. Great Job!!

I’ve tested on my Vista Home Premium Machine with SP2 & all Microsoft KBs installed and will also try to duplicate the glitch on Windows 7 when I get the chance. More testing to come…

Pete
Old 09-24-2015, 04:04 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
nother fail

Using the (NCX) TOC tool

Also

A fresh Calibre converted to EPEB causes Sigil to pop a not well formed message. (repeateable on another file)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigil TOC edit fail.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	142264  
Old 09-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #20
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,
On Mac OSX the Creae toc (both html and ncx) seems to work just fine for my test cases. So please post a link to the problem epubs so that we can recreate the error.

If you need to you can pm either Diapdealer or KevinH with the link if the epub is private.

Thanks for testing and reporting back!

KevinH
Advert
Old 09-24-2015, 04:33 PM   #21
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

Found the bug. We grabbed a writelock and then tried to grab a readlock when we already had the writelock, so it hung in a deadlock. I just committed a fix for this to Sigil master.

It will be part of a hopefully quick future update.

Thanks for you bug report.

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6055 View Post
Hello:

8.9 is a pretty solid release. I’ve tested it on about 10 different books and have only run into one problem so far: the add cover tool does not work as expected. After adding or replacing cover.jpeg, invoking the tool just hangs indefinitely with the Windows “circle working” prompt. This is relatively minor stuff for such a big under the hood conversion. Great Job!!

I’ve tested on my Vista Home Premium Machine with SP2 & all Microsoft KBs installed and will also try to duplicate the glitch on Windows 7 when I get the chance. More testing to come…

Pete

Last edited by KevinH; 09-24-2015 at 05:26 PM. Reason: bug found and fixed
Old 09-24-2015, 04:35 PM   #22
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi,

When I get back from work I will dig it up and post it o you.

Thanks for your help!

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Also dur. I'll need your publickey.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:07 PM   #23
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi najgori,

Thanks for your test case and bug report. I have just now committed a fix to this to Sigil master which will appear in the follow-up release (hopefully soon if we can get some testcases and these other bugs tracked down).

Thanks,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by najgori View Post
here's funny bug. (windows 7/64 bit) put:
<p><a href="http://www.google.com"><mbp:nu>Google</mbp:nu></a></p>
at the start of empty ebook. press save. and again. and again.

pretty print gumbo does not work very well

solution is easy. don't clean and format file on save or open
Old 09-24-2015, 06:27 PM   #24
pete6055
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi,

Found the bug. We grabbed a writelock and then tried to grab a readlock when we already had the writelock, so it hung in a deadlock. I just committed a fix for this to Sigil master.

It will be part of a hopefully quick future update.

Thanks for you bug report.

KevinH
Thanks again for the Commit
Old 09-24-2015, 07:35 PM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,
On Mac OSX the Creae toc (both html and ncx) seems to work just fine for my test cases. So please post a link to the problem epubs so that we can recreate the error.

If you need to you can pm either Diapdealer or KevinH with the link if the epub is private.

Thanks for testing and reporting back!

KevinH
I'm hoping it's something specific to certain epubs (and quick and easy to fix). I've manipulated a handful of ePubs' ToCs (both html and ncx) on Windows 7 and can't get it to barf.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #26
pete6055
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I'm hoping it's something specific to certain epubs (and quick and easy to fix). I've manipulated a handful of ePubs' ToCs (both html and ncx) on Windows 7 and can't get it to barf.
But when I try to create ToCs from headers in Vista (using the entry on the tool bar), Sigil immediately crashes. It's repeatable. I'll let you know about Windows7 once I install 8.9 there.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:22 PM   #27
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Hi Pete6055,

I have tried using the Generate TOC using the button on the tool bar with 10 different epub test cases and in all cases it worked just like it was supposed to. But this is on Mac OS X. So would you please post a specific test case you know will create the crash on Windows. I will fire up my Windows VM and try to see if I can get the same epub to crash.

Thanks,

KevinH

ps. I fired up my Windows 7 32 bit VM and downloaded Sigil-0.8.900 for Windows and installed it and ran it over the same 10 books using the Generate TOC icon and never had an issue. So we will really need a test case to track this one down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6055 View Post
But when I try to create ToCs from headers in Vista (using the entry on the tool bar), Sigil immediately crashes. It's repeatable. I'll let you know about Windows7 once I install 8.9 there.

Last edited by KevinH; 09-24-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #28
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Same here. I'm able to generate the ToC from Headers on Windows 7 with no crash. If it's repeatable, I think it's time someone just gave us one of these epubs it's happening with. Might save save some time. I'll also put 0.8.900 on my Vista machine and see what happens.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:49 PM   #29
pete6055
Connoisseur

Quote:
Hi Pete6055,

I have tried using the Generate TOC using the button on the tool bar with 10 different epub test cases and in all cases it worked just like it was supposed to. But this is on Mac OS X. So would you please post a specific test case you know will create the crash on Windows. I will fire up my Windows VM and try to see if I can get the same epub to crash.

Thanks,

KevinH

ps. I fired up my Windows 7 32 bit VM and downloaded Sigil-0.8.900 for Windows and installed it and ran it over the same 10 books using the Generate TOC icon and never had an issue. So we will really need a test case to track this one down.
The attached epub crashes Sigil on both my Vista & Windows 7 PCs when I try to create toc entries from headers. Editing the toc file works fine.

EDIT (by DiapDealer): copyrighted ebook attachment deleted. Please don't post copyrighted material here at MobileRead. Contact either Kevin or myself through PM if you have a test case for Sigil debugging

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-24-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:08 PM   #30
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The good news is ... I can get Sigil to crash when generating an NCX from headers on Windows Vista. Just about any epub will do it for me. The bad news is ... I have no easy way of doing any real debugging on this tired old heap it's happening on.
Closed Thread