Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #106
Rebo
Groupie
Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rebo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook, nook color, kindle 3, Ipad 2nd gen, Nook HD+, Iphone 4S
I got mine finally. Somehow the tracking number was not valid until it was confirmed delivered. I'm so happy and l am typing this now on my NC.
Rebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #107
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Great news!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 08:16 PM   #108
Tess89
Enthusiast
Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I also got mine today and it performs exactly as I hoped. I do regret not getting a cover. The left front side and lower back of my nook gets a bit too warm for comfort when I hold it after a few minutes. Kinda fells like my iPhone when it heats up. Maybe just adding a skin will help.
Tess89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #109
zebradude
Addict
zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zebradude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See Signature
Just Bought mine! (it is charging right now!)

Excellent build! Amazing screen!

well worth it!

zebradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 PM   #110
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Bought mine yesterday from store stock at B&N. They seemed to have plenty on hand.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #111
nookkatz
Tuxedo Cats!
nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nookkatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks and iThings
I got one from the store stock at the B&N in my city, too. Going to charge it up right now!
nookkatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #112
Ericejs
Ericejs began at the beginning.

Device: None
Battery life testing

I know it is rated at 8 hrs...but for those that have received it how is the battery life? I imagine that if you turn brightness down you may be able to get more than 8. Please post any real world experiences! Thanks!
Ericejs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:57 AM   #113
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Just went to Barnes and Noble and bought one. So far, it's amazing.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:04 AM   #114
mrehmus
mrehmus began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Bought one Saturday night, returned it Sunday afternoon for a working model. 1st unit wouldn't connect up except with unproteced Wi-Fi and had no sound. Erratic Touch Screen touch.

B&N verified the problem and gave me a new one.
mrehmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:47 AM   #115
NightGoat
Connoisseur
NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'NightGoat can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Oasis, DXG, and Kobo Aura One
Not bitter, it's just the fact that's it's an Android tablet, something that nook/kindle owners railed against because if it isn't eink it'll burn your eyes out, etc. But this, it has the nook name on it so it justifies everyone's hedonic adaptation that no one will admit to having. Just silly is all... silly.

I will buy an Android, it'll be Notion Ink's Adam when available. And I won't mince realities with the fact that it's an Android tablet and not an ereader.
NightGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #116
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightGoat View Post
....it's an Android tablet, something that nook/kindle owners railed against because if it isn't eink it'll burn your eyes out, etc....
What's the point of railing against something that suits the needs of others and doesn't cause them eye problems?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:59 AM   #117
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Not bitter, it's just the fact that's it's an Android tablet, something that nook/kindle owners railed against because if it isn't eink it'll burn your eyes out, etc. But this, it has the nook name on it so it justifies everyone's hedonic adaptation that no one will admit to having. Just silly is all... silly.

I will buy an Android, it'll be Notion Ink's Adam when available. And I won't mince realities with the fact that it's an Android tablet and not an ereader.
It's not being sold as a tablet, but as an eReader with added functionality. The primary function of the device is reading, and Barnes and Noble are making an emphasis on magazines and children books, as those are the ones that benefit the most from color. The extra functionality (browser and the few apps it comes with, plus any that may be available in the future) is a welcome addition to the eReader functionality.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:13 AM   #118
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
...But this, it has the nook name on it so it justifies everyone's hedonic adaptation that no one will admit to having. Just silly is all... silly...
Replace the word nook with Apple and this resembles posts in the iPad forum earlier this year.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #119
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:

I own both and I will tell you first and foremost the nook color is an ereader with much much more functionalites that the nook eink and kindle just cannot provide at this time.

Once you are knee deep into this thing you don't think of it as a tablet at all, I think of it as a very feature rich ereader that can surf the net.

seriously.

Last edited by boswd; 11-22-2010 at 11:43 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:40 AM   #120
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:

I love the way people feel comfortable insulting others on message boards when they are protected behind their computers. This is an increasingly disturbing trend here on Mobileread. Why can't people just be polite, even when they disagree?

Your attack on those that bought the device lacks logic. What is silly to you, based on your needs, is not silly to others. One example of your illogical posting is that you made a hasty generalization that the new owners of the color nook were the same people that "railed against lcd reading," but now have changed their tune because of the "nook" name. That's a load of crap for which you have no evidence. Show me one post where I had a problem with lcd reading? My wife has an ipad and loves it. I had a Pandigital Novel because I wanted a cheap alternative to her ipad. I bought the nook color because I wanted to settle somewhere in the middle. Not super cheap and with super limitations (Pandigital Novel, Velocity Micro, etc.), and not super expensive with super functunality (Samsung Galaxy Tab, ipad, etc.). The nook color's screen quality is what sold me on it, not the "nook" name. I could care less who makes the device, as long as it does what I want it to.

It seems the crux of your argument is that we are all too brainwashed or stupid to realize that the nook color is a tablet and not an ereader. Well, show me another straight up ereader that handles READING graphic novels, comics, magazines, newspapers as well as the nook color with such amazing screen quality.

Why don't you keep your judgments and insults to yourself. If you want to hold out for the Notion Ink Adam, good for you. I imagine it will cost a lot more than $250...
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote