Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-20-2015, 11:23 PM   #1
hnatola
hnatola began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire 6
kindle fire saves files in docs instead of books

Hi, I am new to ereaders and I just bought a kindle fire 6. I got a bunch of files of books that are in the .mobi format but they all add to my docs folder instead of my books. I added them once with calibre and a small fraction of them moved to books so I converted them all the .mobi again to see if that helped and now none of them go in the books category. Any ideas on how I can move them back to the books section?

Thanks.
hnatola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 01:50 AM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
In the MOBI Output section of the Conversion screen, change the Personal Doc tag from [PDOC] to [EBOK]. Kindle will then identify it as an ebook rather than a document.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle fire