Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
portersprings
portersprings began at the beginning.

Device: various
Use Spellcheck WordList to populate Index WordList.

I want to create an Index of certain words in the ebook.

The words are all in the Spellcheck word list, of course.

I can copy Spellcheck word list to a user dictionary.

I can then edit wordlist in user dictionary.

BUT I SEE NO WAY TO EXPORT USER DICTIONARY so I could then copy and past it into the Index wordlist.

I see that dictionaries are stored internally in hunspel format but I can find no utility to export a simple dictionary word list from a hunspel dictionary.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can provide.
portersprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by portersprings View Post
I want to create an Index of certain words in the ebook.

The words are all in the Spellcheck word list, of course.

I can copy Spellcheck word list to a user dictionary.

I can then edit wordlist in user dictionary.

BUT I SEE NO WAY TO EXPORT USER DICTIONARY so I could then copy and past it into the Index wordlist.
See attachment

BTW - hunspell dictionaries (.oxt file) are a bunch of files in a zip, they too are text editable. Sigil uses the .dic and .aff files.

Added : Question - how do you propose getting the list of words into a linked index. Be nice if the spell checker had a hook to the Mark for Index feature

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	126808  

Last edited by BetterRed; 08-13-2014 at 11:32 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 12:06 PM   #3
portersprings
portersprings began at the beginning.

Device: various
Thanks for the info BetterRed. Very useful.

I only have notepad at the moment. I used it to open Sigil user dictionary by renaming with .txt appended. The result was not usable, of course.

Once I get the wordlist out of the user dictionary I will load it back into the IndexList by using process defined in IndexEditor (i.e.) "You can paste text into the Text To Include field – e.g. from a file containing a list of words – and the text will be automatically split into separate entries for each line. You can also use Open to open a text file of words (and entries separated by tabs).

Kind of surprised that this is not easier to do. The Spellcheck WordList is obvious source for IndexWordList.

Thanks again.
portersprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Notepad is a horrible program that should be shot . (Microsoft defaults .)

Try Notepad++, one of the most popular Windows text editors out there. (And not just by the people who need to edit source code.) Fast, easy, tabbed, handles pretty much anything you can throw at it...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by portersprings View Post
Thanks for the info BetterRed. Very useful.

I only have notepad at the moment. I used it to open Sigil user dictionary by renaming with .txt appended. The result was not usable, of course.

Once I get the wordlist out of the user dictionary I will load it back into the IndexList by using process defined in IndexEditor (i.e.) "You can paste text into the Text To Include field – e.g. from a file containing a list of words – and the text will be automatically split into separate entries for each line. You can also use Open to open a text file of words (and entries separated by tabs).

Kind of surprised that this is not easier to do. The Spellcheck WordList is obvious source for IndexWordList.

Thanks again.
@portersprings - do yourself a favour and get notepad++, as e..z said it can read just about anything and lay it out in a comprehensible format.

Re "You can paste text into the Text To Include field – e.g. from a file...". Methinks I should read the manual.

You'll need to replace all the line feeds with tabs. In notepad++ select View->Show Symbol->Show all characters - for this sort of operation only, and then replace (select Extended radio button) all line feeds \n with tabs \t and you'll be off to the races.

Once you've used Notepad++ you'll wonder how you lived without it.

@e..z if MS were to include a half decent editor in their OS then the anti-trust regulators in DC and Brussels would have them in court in a flash. Not only would they rob shareholders (pension fund investors) of tens of millions of dollars and euros, they would direct MS include links to every tom, dick and harry's text editor in the OS install. BTW knocking down tall poppies is as easy as picking low hanging fruit, when repeated ad nauseam it indicates the presence of a crashing bore.

BR
Advert
Old 08-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
NP++ has a Windows/Linux EOL conversion option under Edit

could not be simpler
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:26 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
NP++ has a Windows/Linux EOL conversion option under Edit

could not be simpler
But what the OP needs to do is to convert the Line Feeds in a Unix text file that is a copy of a Sigil user dictionary to Tabs, so he can shove it into it in Sigil's Index Editor

BR