Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #121
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I tried it on my SmartQ 7. I couldn't see the characters. Instead I saw unicode numbers (I think).
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #122
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I tried it on my SmartQ 7. I couldn't see the characters. Instead I saw unicode numbers (I think).
thanks Nate , can you tell me which internet browser did you use? midori?firefox? and it was not the same as what you would see on your desktop browser , right?
this means on default it would not support Arabic/Farsi characters, but i am more than confident that there are ways to make linux Farsi compatible , because almost all the engineering students in Iran constantly fiddle with it. so the hunt begins, unless another browser support it with no mods.
thanks again
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #123
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDani View Post
thanks Nate , can you tell me which internet browser did you use? midori?firefox? and it was not the same as what you would see on your desktop browser , right?
this means on default it would not support Arabic/Farsi characters, but i am more than confident that there are ways to make linux Farsi compatible , because almost all the engineering students in Iran constantly fiddle with it. so the hunt begins, unless another browser support it with no mods.
thanks again
It was the Midori browser that comes with the firmware. I did try changing the font encodings, and I still couldn't see Arabic characters.

BTW, Firefox was very slow the last time I tried it on the SmartQ 7. I don't think it's a viable option.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #124
KingDani
Zealot
KingDani began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000s,Gigabyte U60 UMPC, SmartQ v7,EKEN M001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
It was the Midori browser that comes with the firmware. I did try changing the font encodings, and I still couldn't see Arabic characters.

BTW, Firefox was very slow the last time I tried it on the SmartQ 7. I don't think it's a viable option.
oh, so how does it work in linux? cuz in my Nexus one , Android quickly adopted Arabic/Farsi capabilities by tweaks in some libraries and a couple font files. you reckon it's the same story here?
as for firefox , it is not a viable option in winCE as well? ahhhh! i was really hoping i could use it.
thanks again Nate
KingDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #125
erwinsoo
erwinsoo began at the beginning.

Device: SmartQ V7
Finally got my device. Youtube on the android OS works beautifully. Need to install youtube.apk though. Trying to get flash to work on the Linux OS
erwinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #126
slainte
Zealot
slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slainte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just had a look at mp4nation site and there are 2 different 7" devices - which is the one under discussion here? I am looking for something i will use as a reader, get email on and maybe watch tv on internet.
slainte is offline   Reply With Quote