Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 09-05-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
DrForBin
DrForBin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
reinstalled Calibre changed behaviour

hello,

short story, had to reset my Windows 10 laptop, lost Calibre which i reinstalled pointing to my existing library, Success!

however, had to repopulate my Fetch News list. before reinstall: titles would download and display as "The Washington Post [Sun, 02 Sep 2018]".

now, they download and display as "The Washington Post" i.e. the download date previously captured and displayed is now missing.

what can i do to fix this? having the date in the title field is essential!

thanks ever so.
DrForBin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The date will be removed if you set your output profile to any of the kindle output profiles as it interferes with periodical archiving on the kindles. Change your output profile to a non-kindle one and your output format to EPUB and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert