Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
blackcats
blackcats began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kobo(wifi)
Kobo Wifi - need internal SD image

I was hoping someone can share the Kobo Wifi Micro SD image with me. I wanted to start reading some books on it after it being neglected for a year, I charged it, then it did an update. After that, it said "no books found."

I tried updating the library, but it wouldn't connect via wifi. My daughters Kobo wifi connects no problem. I did a factory reset but nothing changed. Also, there was nothing showing for the onboard storage on the settings screen. I opened it up, took out the MicroSD card and check it's contents on my laptop. It showed the card was empty. No files, just 0 bytes of free space. Maybe the card is bad?

Any hints on what I need to do to get my kobo to work? Can I mirror an image of my daughters older kobo wifi and use that?

Thanks in advance. Any help very much is appreciated!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
What happens when you connect it to your computer with a cable? Can you sideload books?
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
blackcats

No files are found on the Kobo when connected to computer. Just empty and I cannot sideload any books either. On the Kobo device itself in the settings screen, there is no onboard storage - it is blank. I think I'm going to just trash it and sideload to Kobo app onto my Kindle Fire for now. It's too bad, I shouldn't have neglected it!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Can you copy the books to the device when it is connected to the PC? If not, are you sure it is being mounted writeable?

If you want to try and fix it, you could copy the image from your daughters WiFi. Or, I have an image I can send a link to. Using a new SD card would be a good idea in case the current one is faulty. Plus you can always put it back if things get worse.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #5
blackcats

Yes, I guess I will image my daughters Kobo card. I think the internal SD card on mine is bad since there is no info being read on it. (the device itself may have a bad connection) I will image it soon, I just sideloaded the Kobo app for my KFHDX. So at least I'm good for now.

I like my Kobo Wifi, too bad it's not working right now. Maybe it's just shot. I was hoping I didn't have to break into the "working" kobo wifi, but if I have to, oh well!

Thanks for responding, it helps someone like me (not tech inclined) navigate the murky underworld of e-reader repair! Much appreciated!

I will keep you all apprised what I do and if it worked. My hopes aren't too high, though!
Advert
Old 04-17-2018, 02:51 PM   #6
oxabos
oxabos began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wifi
Hello! Could you please PM me image for N289? Thanks a lot.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:29 PM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Thread locked. Please go here.
Closed Thread