Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
The new sony reader is back up

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...portablereader

And so far I don't see anything different other than the dooney and burke cover. Limited Edition? I wouldn't pay that for that.

Never judge a book by its cover, unless it's the PRS-500U2DB Dooney & Bourke limited edition Portable Reader with custom leather case. The Portable Reader offers a new and convenient digital reading experience. It boasts an amazing screen with technology that rivals text on paper. Weighing less than 9 ounces2 and at only ½"thin, it's more compact than many paperbacks. Plus, it comes with a soft, black cover and software that seamlessly allows you to search and browse thousands of electronic book titles from the Connect™ eBookstore and then easily transfer from your PC to your Portable Reader.3 With built-in memory and multi-format support, you can take many of your favorite titles and documents with you. So compact and convenient, you'll want to take it everywhere.

Includes $25 CONNECT™ eBookstore gift card. Offer expires 2/12/07 or while supplies last.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
It seems to me that people who will pay the big bucks for a D&B label might buy a Reader just to get a limited edition D&B item. Go figure.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Well not me. D&B name doesn't really impress me much and not for that price. My reader will work just as fine with the regular cover it came with

I guess if you have money just dripping out of your pockets, LOL, go for it.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, and if you run across any of those folks, let me know ... I'd like to follow one around for a day or so and pick up the drippings.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Maybe with the front of that cover they should have left it hidden, ugh!
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
lumi
lumi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Ugly cover, but I guess they're shooting for the market segment that buys to impress. I have no need for a fancy cover, I'd just wreck it by constantly bending it back out of the way so I can read Besides, that extra $150 can buy a fair amount of ebooks
lumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:09 PM   #7
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Yeah, and if you run across any of those folks, let me know ... I'd like to follow one around for a day or so and pick up the drippings.
Hey me too!
Old 01-16-2007, 04:26 PM   #8
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Don't judge a book by its cover ;-)
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 04:46 AM   #9
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien
Don't judge a book by its cover ;-)
Hehehe
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:26 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I have to confess that I've never heard of "Dooney & Bourke"; not a known brand name in the UK (at least not known to me, but I'd be the first to admit that I'm not exactly "fashion concious" ). What is it that they're known for? Fancy leather items?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:34 AM   #11
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Never heard of it either.

...maybe if they made a gator skinned cover?
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 12:11 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

"fancy leather items" maker is a fair summation -- though here in Texas, we'd call 'em 'faincy' (implies pretentious).

For those who have escaped contamination with this particular bit of useless info., and are unable to resist becoming contaminated: D&B at Wikipedia.