Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
barefoot14
barefoot14 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Fantastic Sony Support for PRS-300 problem...

Sony Reader software stopped working, wouldn't open. Finally called Sony and spent quite a bit of time with Alex from El Salvador who remotely guided me through resolving the problem. He was terrific, very friendly, helpful, can't speak highly enough about my experience. Seems some files got corrupted and we had to delete them to get the software to work again. He was very thorough, even had me connect my Reader, reset it, turn it on and off and download a free book to make sure everything was working properly...Alex made sure every t was crossed, for sure. I've heard negative things about Sony support, but I wanted to share my good experience.
barefoot14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
yuye04
yuye04 began at the beginning.

Device: prs300
Hi, I have same problem, I bought the product in Canada and live in Mexico, could you please comment what did you do on reader to fix it?
Thank you and Best Regards
yuye04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thanks for sharing this. I've heard stories from a few people that have had much better luck calling Sony than sending emails.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Always nice to wake up and read something positive. Glad it all worked out!
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:04 AM   #5
barefoot14
barefoot14 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuye04 View Post
Hi, I have same problem, I bought the product in Canada and live in Mexico, could you please comment what did you do on reader to fix it?
Thank you and Best Regards
At this point, I don't recall what corrupted file we removed. Best to call Sony and describe the problem. Good luck!
barefoot14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert