Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
Dr. Scoops
Dr. Scoops began at the beginning.

Device: none
Plans for Plays?

Hey everybody–

I've been looking into getting an e-reader lately and it seems like the Kindle is an appealing option. I do have a major concern, though, in that it appears Amazon's (and every other ebook store I've seen thus far, for that matter) selection of plays and dramatic works is pretty pathetic, which is something that would hugely influence my decision. Pretty much anyone who isn't one of the great classic playwrights (Shakespeare, Moliere, Chekhov, etc.) is extremely underrepresented or not represented at all. No McDonagh, none of Mamet's important plays, only one of Tracy Letts's, no Shaffer, no Odets, no Richard Greenburg, no Tennessee Williams… it goes on.

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Amazon planning on increasing their selection of plays in the near future, or if there's another play lover who's found a better option for this.

I appreciate any help!

Scoops
Dr. Scoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Scoops View Post
Hey everybody–

I've been looking into getting an e-reader lately and it seems like the Kindle is an appealing option. I do have a major concern, though, in that it appears Amazon's (and every other ebook store I've seen thus far, for that matter) selection of plays and dramatic works is pretty pathetic, which is something that would hugely influence my decision. Pretty much anyone who isn't one of the great classic playwrights (Shakespeare, Moliere, Chekhov, etc.) is extremely underrepresented or not represented at all. No McDonagh, none of Mamet's important plays, only one of Tracy Letts's, no Shaffer, no Odets, no Richard Greenburg, no Tennessee Williams… it goes on.

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of Amazon planning on increasing their selection of plays in the near future, or if there's another play lover who's found a better option for this.

I appreciate any help!

Scoops
For most books, including collections of plays, there's this link below the cover art thumbnail that you can click to let Amazon know you'd like the item in Kindle format. I routinely click it for works not yet available. I note that several of my favorite authors' works are now appearing.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
If you like the classics, then Kindle is your best choice
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote