Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
mitsukai
mitsukai began at the beginning.

Device: pdf
hopeful future wowio user saying hi!

hi all I am trying to use wowio but am alas outside the us! introducing myself here and hoping that you guys can help me get into wowio!

please check out my post in the wowio thread "WOWIO Free Books - Free Minds"

nice to meet you all!
mitsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Welcome on board!

There are many, many more books available for download legally than just WOWIO.
The very first thing you should do is to click on the E-books link on the top of this page. Those are the highest quality free e-books you can get on the net. Each one is very well formated, proofread, and most probably available directly for your device.

Also see this page
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores
with links to many Free and commercial e-book sites.

You might also want to search this forum for "Free ebook" and "Free e-book" and ... . Also have a look at the "Tor offer"

If you still insist on using WOWIO, try looking for a proxy server inside the USA. Then set your browser to use proxy server somewhere in options and try again.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2008, 07:54 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
If you still insist on using WOWIO, try looking for a proxy server inside the USA. Then set your browser to use proxy server somewhere in options and try again.
Actually, i was interested in Wowio as welll and tried to register using a proxy. they require a verification of your identity through a "non-anonymous email" or alternatively a credit card number ("not charged, for verification purposes only") or scan of driver's licence. none of my email accounts were accepted as "non-anonymous" (i have no idea what they mean by this) including my isp account, gmail, yahoo, and one or two others. obviously i'm not going to send them my credit card number, and if i did, well, it's a french credit card anyway, so... and i don't have a driver's licence.

if you *do* find a way i would be curious to know how !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
H mitsukai and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote