Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #166
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
sure. I can provide it no problem. will dig it up.

[root@kindle root]# what
Quote:
Kindle Touch!

[root@kindle root]# uname -a
Quote:
Linux kindle 2.6.31-rt11-lab126 #1 Wed Dec 12 19:58:30 PST 2012 armv7l GNU/Linux
[root@kindle root]# pwd
Quote:
/mnt/us/home/root
[root@kindle root]# ls
Quote:
busybox parse.sh
[root@kindle root]# ./busybox sh ./parse.sh
Quote:
./parse.sh: line 95: syntax error: Bad substitution
Attached Files
File Type: zip busybox-k3.zip (229.5 KB, 312 views)

Last edited by twobob; 01-26-2013 at 01:15 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #167
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Here's the new package complete with README file, output samples and test tree.
Line 95 does it too..

x=json_${x:1}
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #168
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Line 95 does it too..

x=json_${x:1}
try this
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #169
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
so

is just trimming the first char for a test? perhaps I can bodge that another way

EDIT:
Code:
if [[ \" = $( `echo $x | awk '{print substr ($0, 0, 1)}'` ) ]]; then

maybe??
You can probably try with head as well:
Code:
if [[ \" = $( `echo $x | head -c 1` ) ]]; then
Might be faster than calling awk? Combined with tail, you could get any substring out. Like:
Code:
echo $x | head -c 3 | tail -c 2
And my bad, it is indeed what you thought initially - the substring handling is the part that it does not like. Busybox must have extended the shell to be somewhat more bash like in later versions.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #170
twobob

Quote:
[root@kindle root]# ./busybox sh ./parse.sh
Quote:
./parse.sh: line 96: syntax error: Bad substitution
I posted a tested - on - a - touch - busybox from the 3... and a use case.

Last edited by twobob; 01-26-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #171
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, now with the K3 busybox binary I can easily test the script for K3 compatibility. Let me work on it.

edit: will come back in a few hours...

Last edited by stepk; 01-26-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #172
twobob

Quote:
OK, now with the K3 busybox binary I can easily test the script for K3 compatibility. Let me work on it.

excellent.

I know it's a little bit more pain but this will really let us support the full range first imagined.

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #173
twobob

Quote:

Hey. They updated interface is ready to drop. support for older devices has been confirmed. Will drop in your script to replace the other one if it's ready

Let me know if you get a chance to drop the x-platform updates.
Cheers.
Old 01-26-2013, 06:46 PM   #174
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
It is a great news!, that means it will also work in my "Kindle DXG ? I have been waiting for it, thanks! . You are developing a very interesting project.
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #175
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondasalfa View Post
It is a great news!, that means it will also work in my "Kindle DXG ? I have been waiting for it, thanks! . You are developing a very interesting project.
Should do. we can test
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #176
stepk
Groupie

@twobob: Great that the updated interface's ready to drop. I can't send you an updated script yet, changes are non-trivial. K3 busybox doesn't support a bunch of newer syntax, notably escapes like $'\t', so conversion is hard, maybe not possible, right now I need some sleep to reconsider this challenge with a fresher mind.

@ondasalfa et al: What busybox versions do all targeted kindle models have? Please reply with the output of
Code:
/bin/busybox | head -1
To test here for all involved models I'd need static run-on-KT builds of all busybox versions (I have twobob's 1.7.2 for K3 and my KT already). Even i386 builds would greatly help; I could test the script on my PC box.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #177
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
K3/K4 prerequisites

The idea of this launcher has been to support as many Kindle Firmwares as possible. Practically, that means K3 - KPW, because that's the devices that twobob and I own. I can't say anything about about a DX, or a Kindle 2, or a Kindle 1, simply because I don't own these devices (and I assume that twobob is in the same situation).

Anyway, because the application depends on a few prerequisites: I'm attaching installers (and uninstallers) for those prerequisites for K3 and K4 devices. They have been tested and are proven to work on my personal devices, but I can't guarantee anything.

EDIT: attachment removed. See the first post of this thread for an up-to-date version.

Last edited by ixtab; 01-30-2013 at 06:31 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #178
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Poke me if something needs testing, I still have my trusty old K2i around .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 AM   #179
twobob

I have a DX I will dig the busybox out tommorow. @all thanks for the bits and the help

@stepk isn't supporting ancient devices fun! : D

Thanks so much!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:32 AM   #180
ondasalfa
ondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheeseondasalfa can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle dx
Thanks twobob. I don't really know how to get the busybox in my kindle dxg
ondasalfa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified