Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 04:10 PM   #1
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Calibre-Go does not like apostrophe

I'm using calibre-go on my tablet to access my calibre library on the cloud. It's working out pretty well and very simple to learn.

I noticed that book titles that have an apostrophe in it, can not be downloaded by calibre-go. Is there a way to let calibre automatically swap an apostrophe by for example an underscore, like with spaces when adding the book to the calibre library or at least when writing the library addition to disk?

where would I go in calibre to fix this and what would be the best way ?

I'd rather not search and replace each time I add a book.
svda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by svda View Post
I'm using calibre-go on my tablet to access my calibre library on the cloud.

...~~~...

where would I go in calibre to fix this and what would be the best way ?

I'd rather not search and replace each time I add a book.
This is the calibre forum. If you want a solution to this problem, beyond the search and replace solution, you should contact the creator of calibre-go. You can log an issue on calibre-go here.

Or use the Calibre Companion app to access your cloud library and you won't run into this issue. An added bonus is there is a forum for Calibre Companion here on Mobileread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-29-2018 at 10:59 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2018, 08:05 AM   #3
svda
Connoisseur
svda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipsesvda can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
Calibre companion has a very steep learning curve. The main reason why I chose GO. Everyone in my house should be able to easily choose a book.

Search & replace would require me to repeat this manual action each time I add such a title and remember I have to do the search and replace.
Is there not an option to automatically replace space with underscores? Why only this option?

I have tried Go support but it seems dead.

Last edited by svda; 05-30-2018 at 10:52 AM.
svda is offline   Reply With Quote