Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read in the bathroom? (Poll is not public, so voters' can keep their privacy)
Yes I do and I think it's normal 116 85.29%
Yes I do but I find it weird 3 2.21%
No I don't but I think it's normal 7 5.15%
No I don't and I find it weird 10 7.35%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #76
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
I read in the bathroom...my parents are used to it, if they can't find me the first place they'll check is the bathroom. The only downside is I frequently end up with pins and needles from sitting too long Even if I really have to go I'll grab my reader or book before I dash off. I'm also in the "read everything" crowd, cereal boxes, air freshners, whatever is within reach I'll read it
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:12 AM   #77
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I have been know to secret myself away in the throne room, put the lid down and just sit in there to read in peace and quiet.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #78
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
I had no idea how timely this topic was until I found a link at mental_floss about National Bathroom Reading Month. And when I clicked on the yellow link, I discovered an Amazon Kindle giveaway.

Quote:
The fine gentlemen at The Toilet Paper are offering a FREE Amazon Kindle to one lucky AoM reader in honor of National Bathroom Reading Month. To enter, all you have to do is sign up for their free daily newsletter. That’s it! They will record every new signup from the AoM readership and select a winner once the sweepstakes is over!
According to the official rules, entries are accepted until June 30, 2009.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:22 AM   #79
GottaRead
GottaRead began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Wow! 10 people don't and think it's weird? I agree with the people who say there is no wrong place to read... atleast where you can see the book clearly. I have trouble with the walking and reading (since I can't hold the book steady enough). But anywhere that you can sit or stand still - is a place to read.
GottaRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:04 PM   #80
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Lately, I've found that reading while swimming is rather enjoyable, though it detracts some from the swimming. Double ziplock bags are a good idea, though.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #81
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Lately, I've found that reading while swimming is rather enjoyable, though it detracts some from the swimming. Double ziplock bags are a good idea, though.
You should buy some of those inflatable plastic toy books for babies, they would allow you to read AND to stay afloat!

That being said, do otters want to be afloat?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #82
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
That being said, do otters want to be afloat?
Of course they do
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, poll, reading, weirdness