Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 04:19 AM   #1
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Contacting Bookeen

Has anyone figured out a way to get a quick response from Bookeen.

I had a problem where I had to return my Cybook for repair, prior to shipping it off Bookeen were very responsive, never more than a 4hour reply to emails.

Unfortunately there has been a bit of a problem with the courier. The tracking system has no record of it leaving the UK however it appears to have been signed by the 'house master' of bookeens office space in Paris

At this stage it looks like it has been stolen and the courier company agree but need to get confirmation from Bookeen that they have not received it (due to it being signed for) before I can make a claim.

Annoyingly Bookeen have now decided to cease all email correspondence with me, so I have no idea if the cybook is being dealt with or is gone.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 02:31 AM   #2
poetbil
poetbil began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-700
good luck cen
maybe they are watching this forum
and do something like
...........send a new cybook for you
poetbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #3
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by cen View Post
Has anyone figured out a way to get a quick response from Bookeen.

I had a problem where I had to return my Cybook for repair, prior to shipping it off Bookeen were very responsive, never more than a 4hour reply to emails.

Unfortunately there has been a bit of a problem with the courier. The tracking system has no record of it leaving the UK however it appears to have been signed by the 'house master' of bookeens office space in Paris

At this stage it looks like it has been stolen and the courier company agree but need to get confirmation from Bookeen that they have not received it (due to it being signed for) before I can make a claim.

Annoyingly Bookeen have now decided to cease all email correspondence with me, so I have no idea if the cybook is being dealt with or is gone.
Found this from another thread (though with no guarantees)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmail View Post
Hi All
After much trying with e-mail i finally found bookeen's phone number on the delivery invoice

it is 0033 1 45654256

and a 'real' voice (who speaks/understands english was very helpful)

p
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Could it be another of their French holidays that is causing them not to be available to answer email?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
cen
Connoisseur
cen doesn't littercen doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad (v1) / Sony Librie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Found this from another thread (though with no guarantees)
Success, thank you so much for finding that (my search-fu failed me). They had seen my emails but were not able to reply as they had too many emails to deal with! Either way they did indeed get the Cybook from the courier so all is good in the world and I don't have to sit here any more worrying whether it was lost or not.
cen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #6
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Could it be another of their French holidays that is causing them not to be available to answer email?
Not yet.
We only have the 25th as a bank holiday.
However, it may be that they are pretty busy with the orders to send, as the Cybook is out of stock.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Hi All
After much trying with e-mail i finally found bookeen's phone number on the delivery invoice

it is 0033 1 45654256

and a 'real' voice (who speaks/understands english was very helpful)
Well, that was a life saver ! (esspecially when your're french and thus, are fluent with french

My screen broke. I don't even know when or how. i can tell it's been hit by something, but...

i wanna ** cries **

and, given what happend, be very very carefull with your ebook, screens are very fragile.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Yeah, reader's back.
And one "outstanding" for bookeen's support. Reader arrived on friday morning, left on monday evening.
Left me staring widelly at my screen when i recived the "your pakage was sent" e-mail.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Yeah, reader's back.
And one "outstanding" for bookeen's support. Reader arrived on friday morning, left on monday evening.
Left me staring widelly at my screen when i recived the "your pakage was sent" e-mail.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote