Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #76
amdreluiz
André
amdreluiz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-prsT1
Booxtor
Please. Decisive for me. Is it possible to install Ivona instead of Acapela?
thanks in advance
Andre
amdreluiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #77
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
How is the Refresh on the different Reading apps you tested?
I know the Onyx Reader.app got the A2 Refresh ability, what about the alternative readings.app Refresh-ghosting-situation? like moonreader or aldiko etc.?
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #78
God Ginrai
God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx T68
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Or you can just ignore advertising post above and place your pre-order (like many of you already did) in my store
Here is [Promotional link deleted - MODERATOR]
I hope you are not suggesting it was a bad idea for me to order from onyx-boox.com... Their T68 should be the same as the one you are offering, isn't it? I'm going to need to cancel my order with them if there are limitations that I was not aware of.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 06-10-2014 at 12:50 PM.
God Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #79
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Ginrai View Post
I hope you are not suggesting it was a bad idea for me to order from onyx-boox.com... Their T68 should be the same as the one you are offering, isn't it? I'm going to need to cancel my order with them if there are limitations that I was not aware of.

-God Ginrai
With old software there used to be some limitations on ArtaTech devices. They have their own software that used to be updated from time to time, and not so often and pro-user like in Booxtor's devices. But with Anfroid on the board.... I'm not so sure if there is any limitation. So we should wait for explanation.
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM   #80
ArtaTechPoland
Banned
ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ArtaTechPoland has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: inkBOOK
I do now know why Booxtor is saying (without providing any facts) that "Onyx BOOX Lynx with Google Play" available at the Official Onyx BOOX store is some kind of a crippled version. It is not.

Booxtor - please, stop being rude and provide facts. Thank You.

@wolviex:

Can you clarify what you are saying?

I am going to answer some questions regarding "Onyx BOOX T68 Lynx with Google Play".

1. Is it possible to connect Bluetooth devices?

YES. Wireless speakers and keyboards work well with LYNX.

2. Do apps like Amazon Kindle, Google Play Books really work?

YES. Apps we have tested and worked well:

a. Amazon Kindle
b. ComiXology (Comics)
c. Google Play Books
d. Google Play Newsstand
e. Goodle Docs
f. Feedly
g. Evernote
h. Kobo
i. Pocket
j. Opera Mini
k. MoonReader+
l. Aldiko

… and more. Syncing, adding notes, bookmarks, offline reading, editing documents and so on worked well.

3. Can I change default text-to-speech to an third-party solution?

YES. We have tested Google Text-To-Speech. It worked fine.

4. Can I translate e-books?

Depends on an app You are using. Google Play Books gives you the ability to translate whole pages.

5. What about warranty?

If you have questions regarding Onyx BOOX T68 Lynx I’d be glad to answer them.
ArtaTechPoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #81
wolviex
wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.wolviex can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtaTechPoland View Post
@wolviex:

Can you clarify what you are saying?

Well, I had M92 with Polish software, which was updated 3 maybe 4 times by ArtaTech. Worked fine for me but it was way different from Booxtor's software - anyway from what I could see on this board and from M92 topic. Changing the software to Booxtor's, which according to some users was better, meant automaticly losing Polish guarantee - that was kind of limitation some people may think of. As I said, it wasn't problem for me, Polish software did fine for me.

And I don't think Booxtor was mean in any way. Be cool and let's get back to the topic, which is new T68.

We hope to see some video review soon!
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:09 PM   #82
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

1) Stop the bickering, please.
2) No promotional posts - period!
3) Read our Posting Guidelines - That's the responsibility of every member at Mobileread.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #83
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Below are pictures showing Moon+ Reader (with and without front light)
The margins are too big, I suppose is the application, isn't it?.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #84
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
I am very much looking forward to the T68. I tend to use the Mantano Reader when reading epubs on my tablet. It will be great to try it on an e-ink reader.

But I assume that the default reading system (for want of a better term) should be pretty good? I have not purchased this sort of device before, only had Kindle, Kobo and Sony e-readers...
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #85
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I have found a few chinese sellers for this but am unwilling to buy till people start getting it in their hands. I hope someone updates the OS to 4.4 that is supposed to work better with devices with 512mb ram.
Seems a good update from my rooted Nook Simple Touch specially with its side page buttons. The price is a bit steep but the ability to run multiple reader apps and install calibre companion makes it the best device available.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:15 AM   #86
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
The margins are too big, I suppose is the application, isn't it?.
You can obviously set margins in Moon+ Reader very comfortably ..
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:35 AM   #87
amdreluiz
André
amdreluiz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony-prsT1
Booxtor T68

Booxtor

and Ivona? Is it possible to use it instead of Acapela?
amdreluiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #88
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Short italian review of the T68 (and E43) : http://www.quintadicopertina.com/ind...tale&Itemid=83

Google translation : https://translate.google.com/transla...%26Itemid%3D83
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #89
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by amdreluiz View Post
Booxtor

and Ivona? Is it possible to use it instead of Acapela?
I've tried to install Ivona TTS straight from Play Store and it did not work (non compatible device issue). Afterwards I have rooted T68 (using this it took me 3-4 minutes) and installed Market Helper app to pretend being a Samsung Galaxy S3. Afterwards installation of any Ivona voice from Play Store worked just fine.
You will need to install "Ivona Text-to-Speech HQ" first. In this app you can select the voice you need and download it (ca 150MB). In settings just select TTS you want to use as standard. Same will work for M96.

Tried it out - TTS works very well in OReader, CoolReader, FBReader ..

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-11-2014 at 02:12 PM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:16 AM   #90
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
My T68 was sent yesterday.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote