Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 AM   #46
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx i86+, Lenovo tab s8-50, Galaxy Mega, Transformer T100
Time to start a wiki page https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_T68 ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brombus View Post
Arta Tech has just begun selling Onyx Boox T68 Lynx for 179 euros. (PRE-ORDER: orders will be delivered after June 9th 2014)

https://onyx-boox.com/shop/onyx-boox...id4-bloetooth/
Great news ! (and very informative page )

Time to start a wiki page while waiting for the first user reviews : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_T68
pierro78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #47
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
Great news ! (and very informative page )

Time to start a wiki page while waiting for the first user reviews : https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox_T68
Interesting, if you look at Bluetooth 4.0 there is a remark it will be updated via Firmware-Update, which means Bluetooth4 will be presumably not availabe at June 9th, when the polish onyx reseller begin to ship the T68
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2014, 10:01 AM   #48
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie
pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pierro78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good find Dolansky

Another seller (with better feedback) on aliexpress has it : http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ONYX-...857645426.html ($290 though)

It s probably already been said but you can also buy a batch of 2000 pieces on alibaba if you want http://www.alibaba.com/product-detai...886961893.html
(the contact lady on this page was in Charbax video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Latd8svqno )

Last edited by pierro78; 06-03-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #49
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Just ordered from https://onyx-boox.com/ With a total of 195 euro to Sweden it's actually slightly cheaper than my Kobo Aura was.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:25 PM   #50
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
Just ordered from https://onyx-boox.com/ With a total of 195 euro to Sweden it's actually slightly cheaper than my Kobo Aura was.
Don't be so impatient

be aware that:
  • it is just a preorder. I am sure it will be hardly delivered before June 14th.
  • Regarding the price of 179EUR - in the scope of delivery there is no cover and no wall charger
  • Artatech (onyx-boox.com) offers just one year of warranty
  • Because of Ivona licence you have to expect some update lilmitations like in the past..
  • Because of Android OS you can easily use alternative TTS (like Acapela), which offers much more voices and languages in (your case 4 Swedish voices)

In our price of EUR 189 the scope of delivery contains additionally wall charger and original Onyx designed protective cover.
We offer two years of warranty.
I am taking part on development of alternative PDF Reader App, which will include much more functions and tools as regular preinstalled PDF Reader .
We ship to Sweden via UPS (2 days) EUR 9.44
Your final price would be EUR 198 in our store (including shipping)

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-10-2014 at 07:04 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 12:33 PM   #51
Peleke
Peleke began at the beginning.

Device: Currently: Imcosys ImcoV6L - Soon: Onyx T68
Can you tell us of your impressions of the device Booxtor?
Peleke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #52
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peleke View Post
Can you tell us of your impressions of the device Booxtor?
I like it actually very much. It is ideal for novel reading. I am going to prepare a short video review, so you can make your own impressions.
At the moment most of the time am working with M96 because of work on PDF Reader optimisation for pro's, but for my novels I am using T68 (because of optimal size, weight, front light and very good screen)
Old 06-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #53
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie

Available for preorder at Booxtor's store : http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...r-charger.html
Old 06-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #54
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Booxtor, a little bit off-topic: any news, hints, rumors about the i86? That's the one I am waiting for :-)
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:14 AM   #55
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Booxtor, a little bit off-topic: any news, hints, rumors about the i86? That's the one I am waiting for :-)
Regarding i86 they just confirmed final design (it was permanently changed in last months). It will be built with IR touch, Glow Light, freescale 6 @ 1Ghz, Android 4.0 or 4.4 , bluetooth 4.0 etc. I don't have detailed specs yet. I guess it should be ready for MP soon. Estimated availability - end of July...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i86.jpg
Views:	1551
Size:	680.4 KB
ID:	123691  

Last edited by Booxtor; 06-05-2014 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #56
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Hi Booxtor,

The M96 was supposed to be available this week right? Or maybe you would like to write some software (special PDF reader) for it first?
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #57
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Regarding i86 they just confirmed final design (it was permanently changed in last months). It will be built with IR touch, Glow Light, freescale 6 @ 1Ghz, Android 4.0 or 4.4 , bluetooth 4.0 etc. I don't have detailed specs yet. I guess it should be ready for MP soon. Estimated availability - end of July...
Sounds good! The T68 is basically an Android-powered version of what I have now (a Kobo Aura HD), which is nice, but not enough to make me switch. But as I find the 6.8" screen a little too small, and the 9.7" of my Kindle DX, in comparison, a bit too large, I think the i86 will be just what the doctor ordered

Which is funny, because I found the iRex iLiad, which also was 8" back in the day, too large when I bought my Cybook Gen3 way back in 2007 (besides being ridiculously expensive, even compared to my Cybook, which was far from cheap back then)
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:45 AM   #58
pierro78
eInk-androidonaut newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by por View Post
Hi Booxtor,

The M96 was supposed to be available this week right? Or maybe you would like to write some software (special PDF reader) for it first?
available for preorder. shipped after the 9th : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...89#post2844889
Old 06-05-2014, 03:22 PM   #59
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierro78 View Post
Available for preorder at Booxtor's store : http://ereader-store.de/en/onyx-boox...r-charger.html
Have ordered mine - 209,82 € including shipping to New Zealand. If I like it I'll upgrade to one of the upcomimg models with a the larger screen - the i86 sounds "just right"
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:26 PM   #60
mvo
Connoisseur
mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mvo once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: see signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Sounds good! The T68 is basically an Android-powered version of what I have now (a Kobo Aura HD), which is nice, but not enough to make me switch. But as I find the 6.8" screen a little too small, and the 9.7" of my Kindle DX, in comparison, a bit too large, I think the i86 will be just what the doctor ordered
Agree, I will probably upgrade to an 8 inch screen sometime. I liked the Kindle DX (it lives with someone else now) but I do most of my recreational reading in bed, and tend to hold the device in one hand, so the DX was a little unwieldy.
mvo is offline   Reply With Quote