Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #1
tehashi
tehashi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Ebook Reader PRS-500
Memory card question

I just have a quick question. What is the size limit for the usable memory card for the reader? I thought i read 1GB somewhere but i have heard comments about 2 so i am confused.

I am sorry if it is somewhere else in the forum, i couldn't find it,
tehashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
2GB SD cards work just fine. Memory Stick Pro cards of 4GB+ are supported with the recent firmware upgrade.

To be honest, though, given the "flat file" structure of the Reader, memory cards are largely redundant unless you're storing MP3s or big "graphical" PDF files. You can easily store 100+ "normal" books in internal memory (the Reader compresses files in internal memory).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I saw a 4GB SD card work just fine way back at the Bloggers' Day thing last September.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote