Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 08:06 AM   #1
s2welee
s2welee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Sony Reader Pocket
Power on to continue reading

I starting using the Kobo ereader last night and I have a question. When the device is powered off, it says press the power button to begin reading. When I press the power button, nothing happens. I have to hold it for about a second and then it seems to go through a boot sequence and brings me to my now reading page. Is this correct? It seems that it would just take you back to the page on the book that you are reading.

If this is expected behaviour, I think it needs to be changed as this takes a while to get back to reading.
s2welee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
You are correct, this is the (currently) expected behaviour. The firmware update expected later this week will change this and give us a sleep off and instant on.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert