Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Collection Problem

I just had for the third time my collections wiped out after adding books (actually, it was my wife's 505 which is worse ). All the books are still there, but the 505 doesn't show any collections being present, just books by date,author,etc.

This is totally random. I can't reproduce it, but like I said, it just happened for the third time, so I thought I'd better report it. Both 505's are used under Linux only, with whatever version of calibre is current.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Usually this is caused by reader resets
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Usually this is caused by reader resets
Hmm. None of those lately. Oh well...

Just a thought, could some xml file be manually backed up when the Reader is connected and replaced if this happens?
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
sure you can backup the main.xml and cache.xml files. Cant do this within calibre as its impossible to know when the reader has crashed and regenerated the files.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:17 PM   #5
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
sure you can backup the main.xml and cache.xml files. Cant do this within calibre as its impossible to know when the reader has crashed and regenerated the files.
Thanks! No problem to do this when connecting.
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Or you can use my Collection Builder to regenerate the collections before you unplug the device :-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29217
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 06:33 AM   #7
JeffElkins
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepak View Post
Or you can use my Collection Builder to regenerate the collections before you unplug the device :-)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29217
Pepak, somehow I had totally missed the existence of your new tool. Thanks for chiming in!