Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-08-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
iRex DR800 - bypass "stylus calibration" in startup?

I recently bought an iRex DR800 - with no accessories included. This wasn't an issue for me, until I tried to upgrade the device to a newer firmware. The update completed just fine until it came time to start it up again. Now it's wanting to go through "stylus calibration", but since I don't have a stylus for this device, I can't complete it and so I am completely unable to use the device. So I was hoping that there might be some miracle solution to bypassing the stylus calibration? If not, I would be willing to purchase a compatible stylus for the iRex - something which I am hesitant to do by myself as I do not want to accidentally purchase an incompatible stylus. Any help would be appreciated.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 AM   #2
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Better buy a stylus

I would be surprised if you could bypass the calibration step. I think you are better off buying a stylus for the DR800 - especially because most functions are much faster to access with a stylus, and some functions are only accessible that way (search, jump to page, etc.)
The key words to look out for are "Wacom Penabled". This pen from Amazon, for example, is quite cheap and I can confirm that it works, having bought one myself for my DR800.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1

I figured that was probably the case. I'm just glad that there is a relatively inexpensive compatible stylus out there. Thanks for letting me know about it. I'll order that soon then, and hope there are no other issues.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote