Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
See a Reader in Your City!

Just because the Kindle guys have one =)

I bring my eReader everywhere and the last time I went to the doctor's office I had about six people fawning over my pretty blue reader.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I never take mine out of the house/yard. The Mrs takes her Kindle everywhere and gets lots of attention. Also drops it now n then but luckily hasn't broken it.....yet
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Mine goes with me pretty much everywhere, certainly when I'm traveling. I have folks ask me about it periodically. More of them since the Kindle launched, ironically.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I never knew about the Sony Reader (or any other ebook reader besides my palm and computer) until I started searching for reviews on the Kindle. And that search led me here. I've never seen one in the local Border's store (I think that's where they're selling them).

They Kindle may bring new business to other eReaders as (if) people do any research.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 12:51 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
We get a lot of folks who find us because they're researching the Kindle and have no idea that any other readers exist at all. A fair number of them seem to decide that one of the other devices is a better match for their needs, and as I frequently say: that's the important bit, finding something that meets the individual's needs.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Just because the Kindle guys have one =)

I bring my eReader everywhere and the last time I went to the doctor's office I had about six people fawning over my pretty blue reader.
Hi jaxx6166. I took my Sony to my Dermatologist's office where I had volunteered to act as a test patient for a bunch of interns. By the time we were done, the damn docs were more interested in my 505 than they were with me. OTOH, having a doctor finding you boring is probably a good thing.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I've been spending a lot of time in darkened "eyes dilated" doctors' waiting rooms lately, and lemme tells yuz, when I turn my reader on and that little gleam of backlight appears, it draws a crowd every time. Also, I met up with another gal in the eye doc's office with a Sony, so we basically ended up doing a demonstration presentation. It was nice to meet another e-consumer. (How'd ya like that phrase?)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I take my 505 everywhere. In fact, I'm going out now and taking it with me. The book I am currently reading is The Back Ice by Micheal Connelly. I bought the Connelly bundle from Sony and then bought the two Omnibus editions (in MS Reader format) to complete (at that time) the Harry Bosch series.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
My Reader has been spending quality time just left of my plate or bowl in restaurants lately. Probably not a good thing for the other diners but great for me because the wait staff tend to spend more time at my table.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, if anyone is in the Boston area and wants to see my 505, just let me know and if I have the time, I'll give you a look.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

I've just moved this thread to the lounge so it'll get more exposure to people who do not already have a Sony Reader or have seen one.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:28 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I take my 505 everywhere. In fact, I'm going out now and taking it with me. The book I am currently reading is The Back Ice by Micheal Connelly. I bought the Connelly bundle from Sony and then bought the two Omnibus editions (in MS Reader format) to complete (at that time) the Harry Bosch series.

Connelly's good isn't he? I've read all of his (and seen the movie). I envy you with all those in front of you
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Connelly's good isn't he? I've read all of his (and seen the movie). I envy you with all those in front of you
All I have read so far is The Black Echo and I rather enjoyed it. There is another book in the series coming out later this year. But given that it will be a hardcover, I'll most likely get it from the library when I get that far.

Another series I've started getting into that I rather like is the Spenser series by Robert B. Parker. I've only read the first two books so far. I like that they take place locally in places I actually know (Boston).
Old 05-29-2008, 09:31 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
I never take mine out of the house/yard. The Mrs takes her Kindle everywhere and gets lots of attention. Also drops it now n then but luckily hasn't broken it.....yet
Once these things become as common as any household item, they can be everywhere in the house....even the (ahem) bathroom.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've recently taken my Gen3 away on a cruise, and on two (academic) weekend courses, on one of which I used it for the actual study on the course (it was a course on Dickens' "Great Expectations", and I used the version of the book that I'd created myself). In all of these environments, there's been a great deal of interest in the device, and I know that at least one person has bought one as a result of seeing it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote