Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #1
crackhammer
Enthusiast
crackhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch, iPad, Xoom
Website book to epub/pdf

Hello folks,

I came across a couple of books on the website, but they are in webpages form. I would like to convert them to epub or pdf for offline reading. Anybody knows how can I achieve that, except printing to pdf or copying and pasting the material on a word file etc.
(There are a few references, tables, images hidden in the hyperlinks, I would like to extract those in 'in-page' format)
If anyone is interested, one of them is here.

Many thanks in advance.
crackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There are a couple of ways I can think to do it.

http://www.grabmybooks.com/ is a site with a Firefox plugin for grabbing pages as epubs. You can build an epub out of several pages, but I don't know if you can get it to follow links like you would need them. There is another site similar, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Tools like wget and HTTrack can download all pages and images for a site or a section of a site. This could then added to calibre and then converted to an epub. Because of the structure of the site, I think this would work well.

It might also be possible to write a recipe for the calibre news download. I'm not sure on this as I haven't played with it enough.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 03:31 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There are a couple of ways I can think to do it.

http://www.grabmybooks.com/ is a site with a Firefox plugin for grabbing pages as epubs. You can build an epub out of several pages, but I don't know if you can get it to follow links like you would need them. There is another site similar, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Tools like wget and HTTrack can download all pages and images for a site or a section of a site. This could then added to calibre and then converted to an epub. Because of the structure of the site, I think this would work well.

It might also be possible to write a recipe for the calibre news download. I'm not sure on this as I haven't played with it enough.
Thanks for the link.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the "Workshop" forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote