Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #1
Bluebizzer
Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Bluebizzer , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo
Random Battery Loss

Have had my Glo for a couple months now, until now no problems, I've charged it 2x since then, when I first got it and then when it was about 70% left. Now I'm having a problem.

Last night I was reading, and it was at 37% left, I read for about 15 minutes and this time while I usually just put it into sleep mode I powered it off rather than sleep. Came back 30 minutes later, turned it on and got the battery low warning, said it was at 7% and after 15 minutes of reading it said I had to re-charge.

I plugged it in, for about 45 minutes and then checked it out and it was at 58% and everything seemed fine with it. I plugged it back in to finish, and the progress bar immeadiatly jumped to almost full, so I checked it out again and it said 85%... I powered it down and turned it back on, checked and it showed 66%... I plug it back in, and it jumps up to 81%.

I'm not sure what's up here, is my battery messed up?
Bluebizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebizzer View Post
Have had my Glo for a couple months now, until now no problems, I've charged it 2x since then, when I first got it and then when it was about 70% left. Now I'm having a problem.

Last night I was reading, and it was at 37% left, I read for about 15 minutes and this time while I usually just put it into sleep mode I powered it off rather than sleep. Came back 30 minutes later, turned it on and got the battery low warning, said it was at 7% and after 15 minutes of reading it said I had to re-charge.

I plugged it in, for about 45 minutes and then checked it out and it was at 58% and everything seemed fine with it. I plugged it back in to finish, and the progress bar immeadiatly jumped to almost full, so I checked it out again and it said 85%... I powered it down and turned it back on, checked and it showed 66%... I plug it back in, and it jumps up to 81%.

I'm not sure what's up here, is my battery messed up?

I am having a similar issue it charges up fast but the drain is super fast. Someone suggested it was due to the touch screen being touched while in sleep mode... and suggested that a person should wait a few seconds to allow the device to fully sleep... However I am not convinced that is what is causing the drain. I suspect its faulty programming

hopefully there will be an update to deal with this asap as the person the touch belongs to is getting a bit bitchy about it.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #3
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Don't forget to make a couple of full charges/full discharges to help with the calibration.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote