Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
stripeycat
stripeycat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre now failing to convert Kindle books

I've updated Calibre on my machine, installed the K4MobiDRM plugins as per instructions i located online, but no new amazon kindle purchases i make will convert successfully any longer.

The message which i receive reads as follows:

"Error: No key found. Most likely the correct PID has not been given. C:/Program Files/Amazon/Kindle/content/BOOKNAME_EBOK.azw"

Sure would appreciate any help resolving the issue. I can't find anything when searching your forums, as i have looked, even if i've missed an essential post on this from the past.

Thanks.
stripeycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
In the words of Jefferson Airplane "Go ask Alf".

Sorry but discussion / help with DRM removal is not allowed here. You need to ask "Apprentice Alf"; the same place the tools were obtained.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripeycat View Post
I've updated Calibre on my machine, installed the K4MobiDRM plugins as per instructions i located online, but no new amazon kindle purchases i make will convert successfully any longer.

The message which i receive reads as follows:

"Error: No key found. Most likely the correct PID has not been given. C:/Program Files/Amazon/Kindle/content/BOOKNAME_EBOK.azw"

Sure would appreciate any help resolving the issue. I can't find anything when searching your forums, as i have looked, even if i've missed an essential post on this from the past.

Thanks.
As I understand it, that plug-in does not work when importing from a Kindle Fire (at least it doesn't from my Fire first generation). I believe you need to go the Kindle4PC route...or use an Eink kindle.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, error, key, kindle, pid