Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 07:38 AM   #46
TamasakaHK
TamasakaHK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright2 View Post
Others have commented that the search function can get stuck on a corrupt file and continues to run which has deleterious effects on battery life. See my thread on Touch won't do local search.
I found that thread, and I tried it out, I got 'no results', so I guess I've no corrupted file. Which means I don't know what wrong... I cannot understand, for the first 2 month (3 charges) everything was fine...
TamasakaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #47
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
You're welcome and good luck.
One week later and no response from Forum's staff...
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #48
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GutenYe View Post
how to use a tag in this forum?
I should have said 'Prefix'. Several are currently defined for the 'Amazon Kindle' forum and more could be added, such as 'Kindle Touch' or 'Kindle Keyboard' etc.

The other way is just for people to take the time to identify the model concerned in the Title, so it's clear which model it applies to (if any).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #49
TamasakaHK
TamasakaHK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Indexing

Hey! I've successfully found out, that 2 un-indexed books draining my kindle's battery. I've sent these books via usb, and now I don't know what to do with them... I badly wanna read them, but if they deplete my kindle about a week (even if its turned off) then it's kinda hopeless... Any ideas?
TamasakaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:25 AM   #50
mfabry
mfabry began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Remove the books, convert them again and put them back (one at the time). If this doesn't work, change format from mobi to azw, reconvert and try again.
mfabry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert