Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur
DeathtoToasters began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Illiad, Sony 505
Auto Shutdown Feature??

Well I borrowed my fathers 500 for a week to see if I would like it better then my Iliad....which I really do!

The size is the best thing for me....much better on the 500....

So I bit the bullet and got a 505 yesterday. I must say I love the size of it. Also like the fact that when I boot it up, it only takes a few seconds at most VS 30-45 seconds for the Iliad.

The one function that the 500 had that I cannot seem to see on the 505 is the auto-sleep function. If I left the 500 turned on and didn't touch it for a bit it shut itself down.....the 505 doesn't seem to do that.

Am I missing something?
DeathtoToasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
comtrjl
Connoisseur
comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.comtrjl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You have to go to the Settings menu to turn it on. It's probably off by default. It goes into sleep mode after 60 minutes.
bob
comtrjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrjl View Post
You have to go to the Settings menu to turn it on. It's probably off by default. It goes into sleep mode after 60 minutes.
bob
Ok that is turned on. Is there a way to shorten it to 15-20 min vs 60?
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You're aware that with eInk, it's the page turning itself that uses the power, not the displaying of a page once it appears?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #5
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
You're aware that with eInk, it's the page turning itself that uses the power, not the displaying of a page once it appears?
I know. I just prefer to not have to worry about random key presses also.
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
I'm not sure if there is or not, but I'd expect it to be on the same menu if it's available.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtoToasters View Post
You can just turn the device off manually if that's annoying you
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I just use the slider on top to put it in stand-by mode when not reading. That will prevent random key presses.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:58 PM   #9
DeathtoToasters
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
You can just turn the device off manually if that's annoying you
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I just use the slider on top to put it in stand-by mode when not reading. That will prevent random key presses.
Yup very true!