Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 06:20 PM   #991
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmvdg123 View Post
Hi, I went through much of the thread but I just have a quick question.
I have a Kindle DX and am trying to read piano music with the table horizontally. Can KPV scroll a little at a time besides just moving a whole page? Basically the normal kindle application just jumps a page (minus a little like 20%) and I basically miss a line of piano music because I can only see the top or bottom bar, but not both!
Thanks!
Wayne
Yep, you can also set desirable scrolling value yourself.

You can also use appropriate zooming option so that your music sheet fits the page completely or in some other convenient way, so that you don't even need to use joystick for scrolling but just next-page button for other part of the same page and then next page too.

This thread is not meant for these kind of questions though, but mainly for software development, so if you need more detailed instructions you can send me link to your pdf (or part of it) in private message.

Last edited by markom; 08-03-2013 at 07:14 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #992
wmvdg123
wmvdg123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thx!!
wmvdg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #993
retvek
retvek began at the beginning.

Device: k3, dx
Hello, I hope this is the thread to inquire about the following:
I am using kpdfviewer a lot, many thanks! I could still not find out how after checking a bookmarked page we can "go back" to the page we were on (before going to the bookmark with alt+k/l). Those (i.e. the page we are on before navigating to a bookmark) it seems, are not added to the jump history so the back button leads to the wrong page.
And, more generally, should not the back and shift+back button navigate between pages far apart regardless of arriving at them with the "go to" option? E.g. I read p. 20 and then go to p. 201, the notes section, in a chapter that has a lot of notes. I do this one time by entering the page no. 201. I then read forward , p. 22...25...30. And in the notes section, p. 203, 204.... The problem is that back and shift back buttons would still lead me to p. 20 and p. 201, consequently I have to navigate to the correct pages one by one every time I check a note. Is there a way to modify the configuration file to make navigation easier?
retvek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #994
antithesis
Avid reader
antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.antithesis is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle DX White
Are there still plans for a dictionary implementation?

EDIT: oops, thought this was the Librerator thread. Oh well.

Last edited by antithesis; 10-27-2013 at 10:41 AM.
antithesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:12 AM   #995
kocoman
Connoisseur
kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.kocoman solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

When I press G to "open go to position input box", it accepts a percentage, is it possible to make it accept a page number? thanks
kocoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #996
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Consider this a bug report:
In landscape mode, when K3 goes into screensaver mode, the screen is garbled. Worst is that even when you wake it up, the book is garbled too. What one has to do is to press Alt+Back and reopen the book.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #997
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Is this when the device is in landscape mode before stating KPV, or when starting in portrait mode and using KPV to rotate the screen?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #998
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Is this when the device is in landscape mode before stating KPV, or when starting in portrait mode and using KPV to rotate the screen?
Now I can not reproduce this potential bug anymore. I did all the variations of what you said hawhill (Kindle: landscape/portrait & KPV: landscape/portrait) and in all modes there seems to be no issues. Mind saying you that I put the device into sleep manually by sliding power button.

I have no idea why those glitches used to happen! Maybe other people have noticed it under some circumstances!? I can't reproduce it.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:15 AM   #999
Heba
Connoisseur
Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Heba ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle DX, Hanvon C18 and Sony Dpt-S1
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hi,

Basic installation / update (with launchpad):
  • You need to jailbreak and install launchpad first
  • Create a folder "customupdates" on the exported Kindle drive, if not yet present
  • Copy a release ZIP file from https://github.com/koreader/kindlepd.../wiki/Download into the folder "customupdates"
  • Press Shift-Shift-I sequence on the Kindle for installing (if this is the first time you use launchpad: you only have 0.7 secs for the sequence!)
  • Press Shift-Shift-Space sequence on the Kindle to reload launchpad
  • done! now you can run the viewer via a Shift-P-D sequence.

For the current release, have a look at the Download page: https://github.com/koreader/kindlepd.../wiki/Download
Hi, I did those steps and nothing happens, and what do you mean by shift-shift-I ? there's only one shift key in the device or do you mean shift and release then shift then release then I ?
Thanks so much, great work indeed
Heba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #1000
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes, the only shift key there is and then typing it as a sequence - not keeping shift pressed, but press it like any other key, release it, press again, press I. And watch out: you're supposed to do this *very* fast, I think in about 0.7 secs all three keys. There's visual feedback, so give it a few tries!
Old 02-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #1001
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
remember to do "shift shift space" to reload the database.... just a thought.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #1002
thatworkshop
hub

I wonder if you guys are using any tricks to sync your highlights and annotations on PDF documents between your Kindle device AND Kindle apps for Android/iPhone? Anything involving dropbox or etc.?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:39 AM   #1003
hawhill
Wizard

Is this a question about KPV? If it isn't, please open another thread. If it is - well, I'm not aware of any highlight converter for KPV highlights (to any other format).
Old 04-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #1004
lealgo
lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!lealgo , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 3
Hello:
I'm using kpdfviewer 2013.1. Is there any way I can update the library libk2pdfopt.so.1 with a newer one like the one that comes with koreader?
Thank you.
lealgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:52 AM   #1005
hawhill
Wizard

Unfortunately, it probably isn't as easy as just pulling the libk2pdfopt from a ready-built Koreader package. You would need to compile one specifically for KPV, or to be a bit more exact, for the K3 environment. I need some spare time to look into this, which could take up to some weeks until I finally can have a try.