Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Remove the Recommended for You Bar from Kobo Mosaic Widget!

Hey all, though I should put this as a new topic so it's easy to find.

If you are running a 3rd party launcher like ADW launcher or Go Launcher etc.... they all allow widgets to be re-sized by performing a long press on them. Usually some sort of re-size arrows will appear and you can then change their size as you wish.

Where this comes into play with the new and "improved" Kobo Mosaic widget, is that when re-sized vertically smaller by one step, the bloody 'recommended for you' bar shrinks down to only show a thin grey band. No more all German books when I don't have any German books in my library, let alone speak the language!

Sadly unless you are willing to side-load a 3rd party launcher, which tend to run faster and much smoother than the stock Kobo Launcher, you won't be able to do this.

Cheers

Last edited by Kboland; 03-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Here's what it will look like:

You can see the small thin grey line under the books in the Mosaic widget, which is just the top of the 'recommended' bar.

And here's a link to the developers website for GoLauncher EX, the launcher I'm using. What's great about GoLauncher, or other 3rd party launchers like ADW, Launcher Pro etc., is that you don't have to be rooted to use them. All you need is to have "Unknown Sources" allowed in the Applications page of your settings menu. Just download directly on your Vox, or side-load them using Dropbox or an external microSD.

and ya, it's cold today

Cheers

Last edited by Kboland; 06-11-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #3
gurl heroin
gurl heroin began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox (with some regrets)
so awesome! I definitely want something that looks like that, instead of the mess that happened when I accidentally pressed the update. I keep mumbling the Do Not Press mantra, but what with the brain not registering negatives, I think I did myself in :S

I am following the given link now! thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
gurl heroin is offline   Reply With Quote