Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-30-2015, 06:45 PM   #106
umutbarantr
umutbarantr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
good news

Last edited by umutbarantr; 08-21-2015 at 05:28 PM.
umutbarantr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #107
BretSingleton
Enthusiast
BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BretSingleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Pretty awesome even without keyboard. Amazon is so cool..
BretSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #108
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Question Battery replacement

Hi everyone
It looks like I need to replace the battery in my precious K4 NT. The question is: will I lose all the books that are already there? Should I back up these books before replacing the battery?
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #109
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurusz View Post
Hi everyone
It looks like I need to replace the battery in my precious K4 NT. The question is: will I lose all the books that are already there? Should I back up these books before replacing the battery?
It is always good to backup, but changing the battery should not harm the books because they are in the same flash memory as the operating system.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 04:19 AM   #110
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Thanks, good to know that 😀
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #111
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
My Kindle 4 NTs (I have multiple NT4 readers) just downloaded operating system version 4.1.4 from 4.1.3 when I charged them up and enabled wifi. I installed the update. Any members know what the update changes? Not obvious to me and the update does not include any info on changes or enhancements. Be nice if Amazon included info even if the update is just bug fixes.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:14 PM   #112
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
HTTPS shenanigans, IIRC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:37 AM   #113
dfusc
dfusc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Hello everyone, i have a kindle 4 NT (2012 edition), can you give some tips and advice about how to remove the dirt stuck on the back panel in a safe way.
Here's a photo of my device: https://imgur.com/a/SSCCcbA
dfusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:24 AM   #114
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Isopropyl alcohol has been my go to for quite a while, and I can vouch for it on a K4. Might be tricky to get ahold of, depending on your location. Pharmacies should be able to get it, but may not be allowed to sell it to you .
Old 05-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #115
dfusc
dfusc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Isopropyl alcohol has been my go to for quite a while, and I can vouch for it on a K4. Might be tricky to get ahold of, depending on your location. Pharmacies should be able to get it, but may not be allowed to sell it to you .
The dirt is very stuck, so i think a simple cloth will not work. When i run my fingernail softly over the surface, the dirt comes off.
What can i use with the alcohol to remove it?
dfusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 03:42 PM   #116
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Microfiber cloth is usually a good bet. You can possibly start with simple cotton pads to get the worst of it off, first.

Note that I do insist on pure (>90%) *isopropyl* alcohol: it doesn't leave any trace, and it evaporates quickly. (Speaking of, fumes are not great for you, use in a ventilated area).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-06-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:20 PM   #117
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfusc View Post
The dirt is very stuck, so i think a simple cloth will not work. When i run my fingernail softly over the surface, the dirt comes off.
What can i use with the alcohol to remove it?
Maybe a Q-tip? (bit of cotton on the end of a stick)
Old 05-06-2020, 05:26 PM   #118
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Microfiber cloth is usually a good bet. You can possibly start with simple cotton pads to get the worst of it off, first.

Note that I do insist on pure (>90%) *isopropyl* alcohol: it doesn't leave any trace, and it evaporates quickly. (Speaking of, fumes are not great for you, use in a ventilated area).
What about adding enough distilled water to make it 50%?

I don't have a citation, but I thought that alcohol + water make a better solvent than either alone.

I guess it would dry slower, but thin film will dry reasonably quickly and you shouldn't leave much to dry or it will leave behind a bit of whatever you cleaned off that is soluble.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:04 PM   #119
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@j.p.s: It's better for *medical* usage (e.g., rubbing alcohol). Here, you want to avoid residues when it evaporates, so if you were to try that, I'd recommend doing it with distilled water.

The tag is gone on mine, but it's medical grade, so I'm pretty sure it's like 99%, and I've never mixed it with anything myself. But, yeah, it can be, that's often the case with water and/or ethanol in stuff like glass/screen/windshield cleaning fluids.

As it can be one of the main ingredient in hand sanitizer, getting ahold of some might be especially tricky in the current context .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 05-06-2020 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #120
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Maybe a Q-tip? (bit of cotton on the end of a stick)
I think not for a Q-Tip as it looks like more pressure may be needed to get the dirt off then you can get with a Q-Tip.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote