Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #61
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Suggestion

You've got a nice little guide. Not sure if it's getting added to anymore, but how about putting a link to the file Kindle-Tips-for-K4-NT-1st-Edition.mobi in the beginning of the book?

Kind of like the The Magic Catalog of Project Gutenberg E-Books or Mobile Reads very own Mobipocket Download Guide. You could easily download the latest K4 Tips.

Cheers!

jT
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #62
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTRN View Post
You've got a nice little guide. Not sure if it's getting added to anymore, but how about putting a link to the file Kindle-Tips-for-K4-NT-1st-Edition.mobi in the beginning of the book?

Kind of like the The Magic Catalog of Project Gutenberg E-Books or Mobile Reads very own Mobipocket Download Guide. You could easily download the latest K4 Tips.

Cheers!

jT
You could just subsribe to this thread and you know when it gets updated instead of trying to download the book again in the hope it got updated. Except that link would always refer to the 1st edition as it is part of the file name, not?
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #63
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Hello
I would like to ask if there is any way to force the "Search This book" option to ignore the capital letters ?
By now "Book" is not the same as "book"
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 AM   #64
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No. The Kindle's search mechanism is not case-sensitive.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:39 PM   #65
nurusz
Enthusiast
nurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enoughnurusz will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Thank you
Something wrong with these people of Amazon !
nurusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2013, 05:17 AM   #66
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
I'd like to have search just for titles and authors. It makes no sense to look through all the books content to find a book. It takes ages since I keep almost all my library in kindle so I can read any book I want without needing to transfer it.

No ideas how to manage that?

Or how to search for an exact word and not every similar word too which gives massive results again which is not useful at all.

Kindle search is good if you want massive amount of results instead of the few results you were actually looking for. I look for a specific title and it sometimes gives almost all my books in results since they all have that word somewhere in the content. So it takes minutes to get results, at least hits in title/ author are first in the list or it would be completely impossible to find a book even if you know both author and title. You can only hope the title has very rare word, then results are given pretty quick.

Anyone mastered the kindle search and can share the tips and secrets? Or where are none?
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #67
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Which one is the Kindle 4 nt? I can't figure it out from the Amazon page. I would never buy an eBook reader that has a touch screen, but I wouldn't mind having a next generation from my 3 that is nt.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 PM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
Which one is the Kindle 4 nt? I can't figure it out from the Amazon page. I would never buy an eBook reader that has a touch screen, but I wouldn't mind having a next generation from my 3 that is nt.
It's the Kindle that is $69 dollars. There is a Silver and Black version. The Black has better QC.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #69
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's the Kindle that is $69 dollars. There is a Silver and Black version. The Black has better QC.
after your advice the other day I managed to grab a silver one for cheap.

much obliged.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #70
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Never mind... I see it already know - just not in the guides.
Cheers.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #71
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi at all the there's a method for display the cover of the book that I'm reading when switch off my kindle? Or at least the first page? It's the biggest lack of the kindle for me
Ansem_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #72
twobob

yep. cover mode.

you will need the JB, screensavers hack, (with pyhon) and to enable cover mode...

Ill find the link now
Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
Ansem_93
Zealot
Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Ansem_93 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

If you find it I will love you but what's jb?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #74
twobob

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

There.

Jailbreak... its' all on that one thread enjoy.

EDIT: whoops...

The JB for the 4 is on the wiki.... but TBH I would use:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064

That does 4's now. enjoy

Last edited by twobob; 03-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #75
Ansem_93
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

There.

Jailbreak... its' all on that one thread enjoy.

EDIT: whoops...

The JB for the 4 is on the wiki.... but TBH I would use:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064

That does 4's now. enjoy
sorry but i'm not wnglish,what do you mean with TBH?