Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 02:09 AM   #1
Murine Press
Murine Press began at the beginning.

Device: My Computer Screen
Unhappy Apple needs a forum for iTunesconnect/Producer issues

This is a repost from my post/complain on their discussion forum. I have invested $800 (bought a MacMini) just to sell eBooks for their platform and now they won't even comment on my posts....

"There are big and small publishers in the US, frantically trying to figure out how Apple wants to sell books and mixed media and what is out there is woefully inadequate.
There are several points;
1) Uploaded books that failed for whatever reason are not given feedback as to why the failure was. It would be nice to have some feedback so the publishers would learn and correct. This is mutually benefiting both parties. Fact is, sometimes books are not allowed for simple, trivial reasons but never told to the submitted what the reasons are. This could be as simple as an automated email.
2) iBookstore should be replicated on iTunes somehow. So buyers could search for eBooks on both the handheld and the Internet. Even if purchasing would be limited to the handheld device(iBookstore) browsing, commenting etc should be available on the internet. The main reason is SEO based book purchasing or buying. This is why Amazon and B&N Nook etc flourishing! SEO based book buying what made Amazon a powerhouse! Google has been trying to enter this and THEY understand SEO well enough to "eat your lunch" for you Apple if you do not act fast! "

Last edited by Murine Press; 03-18-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Murine Press is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

The Apple forums are controlled by Apple and are designed for fanboys and fangirls to pat Apple on the back and to spread the Jobsonian propoganda. They think the Cosmos will come to a screeching halt if anyone criticizes Herr Jobs or Apple. They are not above editing critical posts are baning those who ask legitimate questions that are not approved of by the Propoganda Ministry. I wouldn't waste any time with the Apple "isn't Jobs wonderful" forums. They rarely impart any truth or help.
Advert
Old 03-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Apple doesn't respond in those forums. Read the TOS-they are user-to-user forums. If you want to contact Apple, use their Feedback link.

And I believe there is a line of around 43,000 iOS app developers standing in line in front of you iBooks publishers, screaming for more feedback
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote