Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
Settings option locks up device when SD card is in.

Has anyone else had problems with the device locking when the setting options is choosen if the SD card is inserted. I have tried four diff. cards and updated to lastest astak, and lbook firmware but nothing has worked... any suggestions? I know I can use a card reader but I don't have one
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
Has anyone else had problems with the device locking when the setting options is choosen if the SD card is inserted. I have tried four diff. cards and updated to lastest astak, and lbook firmware but nothing has worked... any suggestions? I know I can use a card reader but I don't have one
Routinely use settings (to set clock,change Font) with SD Card. Most Astak FW Versions, Lbook FW versions.
No Problems. I suggest you re-flash and or do a LONG reset press.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Thanks ducky... I did re-flash and a hard reset but still having the same problem. Sometimes after selecting a book it will load then send me back to the book selection screen. I know I am not very good with technology... so I am sure it's something simple that I am over looking. Thanks for your help... If you were closer I would bake you a pie
Old 05-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
nimblem
Addict

Sorry... "Ducky" slipped out before I could catch it

Last edited by nimblem; 05-25-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks ducky... I did re-flash and a hard reset but still having the same problem. Sometimes after selecting a book it will load then send me back to the book selection screen. I know I am not very good with technology... so I am sure it's something simple that I am over looking. Thanks for your help... If you were closer I would bake you a pie
Your SD Card file system may be damaged (happens frequently to me on my PEz. Rarely on other devices)
If you use Windows
Open "My Computer"

Find the drive that represents the SD card (Hint: you can rename the SD Card to something meaningful like "Books1", The main storage is "PEz")
Right-click -> Properties
Tools
Check for errors
tic Repair
OK

A hidden folder "Found.000" is where the damaged bit go.
it is OK (and recommended) to delete.

RobertB started calling me Ducky, He is not the first, by a long shot
Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #6
nimblem
Addict

So I did the repair but now the computer says that I need format both the sd card and the PocketPro to be able to use it. The card works fine if I use it from my camara or Ipod so I don't think it's a problem with the card.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
So I did the repair but now the computer says that I need format both the sd card and the PocketPro to be able to use it. The card works fine if I use it from my camara or Ipod so I don't think it's a problem with the card.
Does your computer have an Inter 82801 USB chipset?
A number of us have had problems (and not just the PEz).

Disable USB2.0 enhanced mode in the device manager.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
nimblem
Addict

I disabled the USB drive and the computer isn't having problems getting to the SD card now, Thanks!!! I still am unable to use the settings with the card in the device though, it's a minor annoyance
Old 05-26-2010, 12:52 AM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I disabled the USB drive and the computer isn't having problems getting to the SD card now, Thanks!!! I still am unable to use the settings with the card in the device though, it's a minor annoyance
Repair again.
The USB2.0 problem trashes the File system :/
Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
nimblem
Addict

DOH !!! Alright I will repair it again when I get home!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
nimblem
Addict

There was nothing to repair and it's still locking up.....
Old 05-28-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
There was nothing to repair and it's still locking up.....
Does not sound good at all.

Time to call Astak and tell them what all, you have tried.

BTW
Can you get "Settings" to work if:
the SD card is inserted BUT main Storage is Selected?

Did you peer into the slot and see if there is lint in a contact?

BTW, USB card readers are about US$15 for a medium quality one (I never buy the cheapest, and very rare the premium one.)
Old 05-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
nimblem
Addict

Well PHOEY!

The settings work fine if the SD card is not in the reader... but will not work if I go to the the main storage and then try to get to settings. I ordered a card reader yesterday... I blew inside the card reader but it didn't hlp any... kind of felt like when game systems first came out and you had to blow on the games to get them play properly.... anyone else remember that ?