Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 10:04 AM   #16
lishy75
lishy75 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
For the collection question- you should be able to click the collection icon (under your Reader icon) and delete it.

Just so you're clear though. When you open your eBook library, there's a section for your Library and then, if your Reader is connected, a section for what is actually on your Reader. Unless they are synced, if you delete something from your Library it will not delete from your Reader, or vice versa. I don't recommend deleting books from your Library. I also don't recommend sync, especially if you want to use collections. You set that up through the software though.

The reset- you might not have held it down long enough. Just to make sure, are you closing the software before you disconnect your Reader?
Why don't you recommend sync and if I don't sync how do I get my books to my reader?

What are these collections you speak of?
lishy75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #17
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
For some reason results can be somewhat unpredictable when using sync. Sometimes my books disappear from my reader and sometimes they are duplicated, I've never been too sure why. You can move books manually by clicking and dragging them from the ebook software to the reader.

Collections are folders you can create to organise your books within the ebook software. For example, I have folders for 'classics', 'science fiction', 'children's fiction'. On the reader, books can be sorted by author or title or can be found through collections. I prefer using collections.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505, questions, thank you